Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page

Originally Posted by Kurru
now i reset ecu and i'm throwing a cel 7 and 6 and 10... tps and fuel injectors. gonna pull the neg battery cable and see if i get the same results again...
Dude, your TPS is adjustable..relax.. You messure voltage of the TPS from the middle wire. It should read about .45v closed and 4.5 volts open. You can adjust it by loosening the two screws and rotating slightly until it reads .45v closed. Tighten bolts and call it a day!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it is reading proper voltage. one of the first things we did.

here's a link to thread: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/car-run-yesterday-after-completeing-project-today-doesnt-cel-6-7-10-a-2664308/
Old 10-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would try a whole new tps sensor
Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The TPS sensor is fine .5 - 4.5 Letting the ecu reset cleared out all the codes, i think they were leftover from random key on instances with the harness unplugged. So currently its a no code situation with perfect running for between 2 and 4 seconds and then death by mystery.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

crx should be ready for tonight tuning today finally will be tuned on s300
Old 10-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck today tuning skyler! Can't wait to have a look at the rex; i still havent ever even seen it.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

she ran! keep fingers crossed as we are tuning today. should all of us meet somewhere first then roll to city brew together? what ya think?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont make me sound off my bov 12 times while leaving the parking lot! haha
Old 10-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just wanted to start off by saying sorry for doing the cookie in the heights. I totally ate my own words( i was the one who didnt want to meet in the kmart parking lot cause nothing but stupid **** happens there) and i was the one doing the stupid ****. So sorry again to those i pissed off.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2.2 Litre Honda engine and 5 SP trans... Dunno if its an H22 or not, but thought someone might like to know:

http://montana.craigslist.org/pts/1425646631.html
Old 10-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88redrexs
I just wanted to start off by saying sorry for doing the cookie in the heights. I totally ate my own words( i was the one who didnt want to meet in the kmart parking lot cause nothing but stupid **** happens there) and i was the one doing the stupid ****. So sorry again to those i pissed off.
...funny how that happens...

Other than that, how was the gathering?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was pretty good. And don't feel bad for doing the donuts. You weren't the only one.

I believe Doug did some, then the doucher with the SRT-4 who's window I want to throw a rock through for revving his car up like a ricer everytime he passes my house pulled in, did a burnout and ricer-fly-by through the parking lot and disappeared. But the best was when then the most powerful accord in the world did a smoke show. With his clutch. Then proceeded to haul *** through the parking lot - as a cop was pulling in and pulled him over.

Basically exactly what the majority of us from H-T didn't want to happen, happened. Not so much the SS, because well it doesn't have that "****ing Honda" stereotype from a majority of people, but the cars doing burnouts, donuts, and 30ft police chases gives us all a bad name and fuels the fire for the police to harass us.

I love to go to car meets, but if it means being associated with people who can't use their heads, I'd rather notand just choose hang out with my friends who I know aren't going to draw unwanted attention. It just amazes me that when I went to the Honda-Tech Golden Gardens meet last spring in Seattle with approx. 700 cars no one was being retarded, yet we had what? 15 cars up there last night? Granted, the accord kid is a complete moron, and that SRT-4 kid just pulled in, embarrased himself and left.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah sorry just got that srt-4, wanted to show it off a bit haha

on a serious note the vikings are 6-0 Now!!!!. any ideas for race events next year?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That SRT-4 Just drove by again and down shifted so his exhaust would cackle in front of my house... right when I read that JP, lol.

Beer on my front porch tonight anyone? Bring a good 5-6 lb rock w/you.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha sounds good. so i searched "em1 Thread" to find the old picture thread. and the montana thread was in 4th place of the search. great. order the reast the k series parts yet?? figured u might be bored enough today to do so
Old 10-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ProjectLSVTEG
It was pretty good. And don't feel bad for doing the donuts. You weren't the only one.

I believe Doug did some, then the doucher with the SRT-4 who's window I want to throw a rock through for revving his car up like a ricer everytime he passes my house pulled in, did a burnout and ricer-fly-by through the parking lot and disappeared. But the best was when then the most powerful accord in the world did a smoke show. With his clutch. Then proceeded to haul *** through the parking lot - as a cop was pulling in and pulled him over.

Basically exactly what the majority of us from H-T didn't want to happen, happened. Not so much the SS, because well it doesn't have that "****ing Honda" stereotype from a majority of people, but the cars doing burnouts, donuts, and 30ft police chases gives us all a bad name and fuels the fire for the police to harass us.

I love to go to car meets, but if it means being associated with people who can't use their heads, I'd rather notand just choose hang out with my friends who I know aren't going to draw unwanted attention. It just amazes me that when I went to the Honda-Tech Golden Gardens meet last spring in Seattle with approx. 700 cars no one was being retarded, yet we had what? 15 cars up there last night? Granted, the accord kid is a complete moron, and that SRT-4 kid just pulled in, embarrased himself and left.
I've been thinking about this for a few hours. You know what this means don't you? It means the cops are right for being hard asses with those "import guys". It means because they were successful at spotting and stopping stupidity (which is their job), they will try and spot and stop stupidity again. This isn't new, it's been going on forever... and you know why it seems the cops give us a bad time? Because they're usually right. And not everybody with an import is a problem, just like not everybody with a lifted diesel is trouble. there are some in every group.

Although I don't get to hang with you guys, you are the representation of the 406 in the Honda scene locally in Montana. I only poke my head in here because guess what... i have nowhere else to go. There is no "scene" any where else in the state. I keep tabs on you guys just in case I'm afforded the opportunity to participate and be supportive.

I was about 30 minutes from loading up and coming down this weekend to be supportive of the crew. And at the last minute I had some plumbing to take care of. My wife and daughter still went down to Billings to shop, without me. *bummin*.

I've got a wedding to go to this coming weekend in Billings. I see the weather is gonna "maybe" cooperate. I'm bringing a Civic to do some cruising in and perhaps (wedding permitting) make it over to the place on Wicks a few people at the MAEC are talking about meeting on Saturday the 24th.

Here's what irritates me. I'm now part of the ongoing profile, and have to watch my back while cruising down there this weekend. And to hang low, I'm taking off any and all stickers, the chute mount, anything that draws attention. And that ain't right. What I thought was a nice rear window decal, is now a "rear window obstruction" and probable cause to look in my car because somebody else had to feed the stereotype this weekend. I know better, so I'm prepping.

We're those "import guys"... I know it's only 2-3 guys outta 20-30... but still. Let's show some respect to each other. It takes WAY more control to know you can drop a 500whp burnout on the crowd, AND NOT DO IT... Chill out, take it to the track and be responsible, show the video on Youtube of your baddassness at the track.... If you have to be irresponsible, take it outta town away from where others are. Part of being responsible is knowing the time and place for "iffy" activities. I don't claim to make good decisions all the time either... I've been that jackass. I'm 46 and still learning, it ain't easy. True wisdom comes from personal experience, and some of that happened this weekend. Maybe it's not all bad.

My apologies for the rant.

Last edited by vectorsolid; 10-18-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vectorsolid
Part of being responsible is knowing the time and place for "iffy" activities.
can't put it better then that!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

couldnt be said any better i knew out of some of those guys last night that something like that would happen and a for sure for the jackass in the accord is is full of himself
Old 10-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well like ive said already sorry for my actions lastnight. but there is nothing i can do to change what happened. Life is a learning lesson and If it wasnt it wouldnt be so fun. Everybody has done something stupid once or twice in there life. I also wasnt doing this right in the middle of everybody. I will think twice before i doing something like that again. And like i said sorry to those i pissed off.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Couldn't be said any better vector. A little FYI - it was mostly the guys who frequent the MAEC forum. I'm not trying to start any trouble by any means, and most of them were respectful, but as you said it takes a couple out of every crowd to ruin it for everyone.

Anyways - Here's a picture of a little collaboration of EGJDM's work, as well as 73vegaGT's. Thanks guys for making the subframe brace look sick as hell. I love it! And I owe both of you (let me know what you want!).

I'm gonna head out to WA tomorrow, so if you guys find anything you want in the Northwest forum for sale, or on craigslist, let me know and I'll gladly pick it up for you. I'll probably be back on Thursday. Just gonna go hang with some old friends, and see if I can't find some cheap parts while I'm back (I usually don't have a problem finding stuff cheap, lol).
Old 10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 88redrexs
Well like ive said already sorry for my actions lastnight. but there is nothing i can do to change what happened. Life is a learning lesson and If it wasnt it wouldnt be so fun. Everybody has done something stupid once or twice in there life. I also wasnt doing this right in the middle of everybody. I will think twice before i doing something like that again. And like i said sorry to those i pissed off.
^^^Wisdom points for this guy^^^
Old 10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rim bim bim booooogggggggg Two point two liters of clutch roasting fury. It takes alot of sweet traction to bog out a 900 hp race all motor H22. Holy ****!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's good to hear someone is still representing the accord lifestyle!! Why can't you young kids do something productive, like hit on high school girls! (Sarcasm)

-Jake-

Last edited by TS4L; 10-19-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 73vegaGT
OR this gnarly beast of a header!!! do you want to buy my tial wastegate mayne? just so you have two so you can go twin scroll.
Kinda looks familiar! If anyone wants Full Race stuff let me know I can usually get you at the top of the list so you don't have to wait.

Its not hard to not be noticed by the cops, you just need to drive like you should anyways and not have all kinds of crap that makes your car stand out. I pass cops all the time and they never look at my car. Too bad I think some of the new aero stuff this winter is going to attract too much attention, oh well I'm not the cruising type anyways. Seems like after hearing about this weekend a new shirt may be in order.

"Driving like a douche bag, the #2 reason the next generation sucks. Right behind reason #1, those stupid tight pants! They are so tight I think they are pinching my nuts."
Maybe a little too much writing for a t-shirt.

Last edited by TS4L; 10-19-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats why shirts have two sides

Quick Reply: Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page