Notices

K swap starts then dies

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K swap starts then dies

Today was the first time I attempted to start my K20a2 motor and it didn't go as planned. I've put a lot of good parts from K-tuned and the dealership into this build to hopefully reduce the possibility of problems but it seems the tuning is my downfall. I have figured out the Kpro just enough to get basic maps installed and updated with the few sensors that needed to be turned off but I'm lost on the A/F, timing, and how to save the Kal. I can get the car to start but it runs rough and dies a few seconds after starting, usually with me giving it a little throttle just to keep it running for those few seconds. It only has the header on it currently and I realize it's not going to exactly sound right but it sounds very "cammed" and IMO now how it should, almost like it running on two or three cylinders and has hesitation to the throttle. I did pull the plugs and found then to be a little wet with fuel but this was also after several starting attempts that failed.

I was working with the stock tune at first then switched to the "k20a2 with CAI- dyno tuned" and popped a Crank Sensor code for intermittent signal. This code has gone away but with the problems I'm having it seems plausible.

I have deleted the IACV and evap and turned them off in Kpro but besides that I'm having trouble figuring out pretty much everything else, especially the starting part. It's late, I'm tired and probably leaving out a bunch of needed info so let me know what you need to help figure this out.