Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eg / GSR swap is almost complete! Few various Q's with pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eg / GSR swap is almost complete! Few various Q's with pics inside!

My father and I spent a good amount of time working on the Eg / GSR today.
Today we:
--wired in the vtec wires (except IAB solenoid)
--tightened alternator
--installed AEM cold air intake
--bled clutch
--installed battery
--"S" coolant hose installed
--got the "bitch pin" in all the way (shift linkage is complete)
--torqued 32mm hub nuts
--changed oil filter and installed new one
--disconnected the Cx exhaust completely to make way for custom exhaust coming Wed.
--hooked radiator up

I think that is about it for today. Doesn't seem like that much, but we were outside most of the day. Anyhow, on to the Q's and pics:

Any idea where that one piece goes? When I took the banjo nut off the fuel pump / filter (forget what it's called) that thing went flying and I could never figure out where it went. This happened about 2 weeks ago.

This wire here. Where does it go?

Here's another wire. In the pic it connects to the + battery terminal as shown and I am also showing the opposite end of it:

There are 3 wires close to the battery location. Are all 3 suppose to tap in at the fuse box here.
(Note the silver color of the wire in the middle):

What order are the plugs suppose to go? Looked in the Helms and it's useless:

What size hose do I need for this:

What nuts are suppose to go on the spark plug cover? My dog chewed the damn bags I had the right nuts in and I can not find them. These are nuts off the Cx motor. She even chewed my ground cable to pieces!! It probably doesn't really matter if they are the right size....

Thanks!

PS <> What's left to do:

1) Intake hose that goes to valve cover (breather hose??)
2) IAB wire (vtec)
3) Spark plug wires
4) Power wires at battery
5) Add coolant / tranny fluid
6) Plug empty hose at charcoal canister
7) Get new coolant reservoir tank
8) Custom exhaust and plug o2 sensor in
9) Clean AEM intake filter
10) Install bumper / headlights / splash guard
11) Fire her up!

Old 04-12-2003, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Eg / GSR swap is almost complete! Few various Q's with pics inside! (Hybrid93Hatch)

You got the cyclinder #'s wrong. The side towards the drivers fender is 1, next to the dist is 4. The firing order is 1-3-4-2. #1 is marked on your cap and is the lower left hand terminal as you are looking at the dist in your pics. You have it listed as "B"

Not sure what the unkown part is but the wires you are holding go to the underhood fuse box, not sure why you already have two hooked up in there. You got two wiring harnesses floating around in there?

3/8 hose with some hose clamps should work for the vent.

Looks like you already have the right nuts but you need to toss the washer's. If you don't have any more of the black plugs for the valve cover then order some from honda. You can also score additional nuts at the same time if needed.

Modified by Na99Si at 12:20 AM 4/13/2003
Old 04-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg / GSR swap is almost complete! Few various Q's with pics inside! (Na99Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Na99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not sure what the unkown part is but the wires you are holding go to the underhood fuse box, not sure why you already have two hooked up in there. You got two wiring harnesses floating around in there?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually screwed those 2 down and then found the third pushed under the battery tray from when I installed the battery earlier. Are there suppose to be 3 wires plugging in at the fuse box next to the battery?

Thanks for the help
Old 04-12-2003, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Eg / GSR swap is almost complete! Few various Q's with pics inside! (Hybrid93Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I actually screwed those 2 down and then found the third pushed under the battery tray from when I installed the battery earlier. Are there suppose to be 3 wires plugging in at the fuse box next to the battery?

Thanks for the help </TD></TR></TABLE>

Shouldn't be three, no. Sounds like the cable that needs to run to your starter motor. Got that one hooked up yet?
Old 04-12-2003, 05:28 PM

In the second picture Im pretty sure thats the ground for the alternator.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My father and I spent a good amount of time working on the Eg / GSR today.
Today we:
--wired in the vtec wires (except IAB solenoid)
--tightened alternator
--installed AEM cold air intake
--bled clutch
--installed battery
--"S" coolant hose installed
--got the "bitch pin" in all the way (shift linkage is complete)
--torqued 32mm hub nuts
--changed oil filter and installed new one
--disconnected the Cx exhaust completely to make way for custom exhaust coming Wed.
--hooked radiator up

I think that is about it for today. Doesn't seem like that much, but we were outside most of the day. Anyhow, on to the Q's and pics:

Any idea where that one piece goes? When I took the banjo nut off the fuel pump / filter (forget what it's called) that thing went flying and I could never figure out where it went. This happened about 2 weeks ago.

This wire here. Where does it go?

Here's another wire. In the pic it connects to the + battery terminal as shown and I am also showing the opposite end of it:

There are 3 wires close to the battery location. Are all 3 suppose to tap in at the fuse box here.
(Note the silver color of the wire in the middle):

What order are the plugs suppose to go? Looked in the Helms and it's useless:

What size hose do I need for this:

What nuts are suppose to go on the spark plug cover? My dog chewed the damn bags I had the right nuts in and I can not find them. These are nuts off the Cx motor. She even chewed my ground cable to pieces!! It probably doesn't really matter if they are the right size....

Thanks!

PS &lt;&gt; What's left to do:

1) Intake hose that goes to valve cover (breather hose??)
2) IAB wire (vtec)
3) Spark plug wires
4) Power wires at battery
5) Add coolant / tranny fluid
6) Plug empty hose at charcoal canister
7) Get new coolant reservoir tank
8) Custom exhaust and plug o2 sensor in
9) Clean AEM intake filter
10) Install bumper / headlights / splash guard
11) Fire her up!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

the unknown part in the first pic is part of the fuel filter bracket on the fire wall.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RaIn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RaIn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In the second picture Im pretty sure thats the ground for the alternator.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Too far, it should be the starter ground. Alternator on other side of engine.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I'm gonna give a shot at this huge quote

Here we go:

I wish I knew, but with the angle of that, I'm not sure off the top of my head.
Looks like your fuel connections are fine though.

Goes to the furthest in the underhood fuse panel (looking down at it, to the right). This provides power to the engine harness.

On the underhood fuse panel, there is the one I just said, which provides power to the engine harness. And the other end (which is the picture just above), goes to the other connection. This goes from the battery directly to the underhood fuse panel.

Nope, that is incorrect. The #1 cylinder is next to the timing belt. The #4 cylinder is next to the distributor.

The distributor goes as follows:

So, in your picture:

#1 = B
#2 = C
#3 = A
#4 = D

Just for you guys learning, the engine spins counter clockwise (from the timing belt side), and regular clock wise (looking at the distributor side). The reason for the firing order on the distributor being said above, if you think about it, spinning clock wise, the firing order is 1,3,4,2.

Thus, when you look at the distributor being:

Goes with the firing order

Anything that will fit that will work. That goes to the nipple on the CAI you installed.

Actually, the one on the right is the correct one. You do not need a washer there, just the washer (that is already on there) with a rubber piece underneath is what is upposed to go on them. The ones you are missing have a cap on the nuts, where as the one you displayed are open head nuts. There should be 4 open head nuts, and the rest of the nuts should be closed (the capped ones). The ones you are displaying....the spark plug cover goes on top of that, and the closed head nuts go on that. Make sense?

Hope that helps bro ;D

good luck!

edit - to clarify. The only wires that should go to the starter are as follows:

a main power line coming from the battery to the starter. This is held on with a 10 mm nut I believe. The other wire going to the starter is a female connector that goes to the solenoid on the starter, which just plugs right in.