Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 accord post engine swap quandaries...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord post engine swap quandaries...

I purchase a 1994 Honda Accord LX coupe $450 and decided to throw a new engine in it. My new engine I mean one from a salvage yard that wasn't blown up but like the one that was in it. Swap went over pretty easy minus the fact that the tweaker who owned it before me had ripped open the gas tank pump sending unit and left it disconnected which threw me for a loop the first time I tried to start the replacement engine. But I digress, I've been driving this thing for 2 days now and it does not have the power that it should, I know that because I had the benefit of driving my best friends who has an identical car. Also it seems as though my shift points are off in the automatic transmission. I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that this engine came out of a manual transmission vehicle or not? I will admit that this engine replacement was my first and though I am mechanically able I am no expert on Honda engine swaps. The flywheel bolted right up to the torque converter with ease but I'm unsure as to whether or not there is a specific way the flywheel and torque converter are supposed to align, that's causing this random transmission issue??? Shifting between gears is clunky and premature most times.The human being that owned it before me while I'll be it incompetent, swears up and down that it shifted like a dream and had plenty of power before blowing it up due to a lack of oil. Any help that you can give me, advice, ideas, thoughts, would be greatly greatly appreciate it. This is my commuter that has to roll 70 plus miles a day one way and I'd rather not drive my 2500 HD getting 10 miles to the gallon. Thanks a lot

Last edited by 907scott; 06-01-2016 at 07:41 PM.