Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

What is so great about the Magnaflow ES Oval Style Muffler?.....exhaust setup pending

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is so great about the Magnaflow ES Oval Style Muffler?.....exhaust setup pending

I'm going through kteller to get my exhaust system. He has the ES oval style muffler sold the most. I was thinkin about goin with the dual tip which will look stock, just larger tips. I just wanted to know if their is anything special about the oval style muffler. I'm going to run 2.5" piping with Carsound Cat and the ES Oval Style Muffler
Old 07-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What is so great about the Magnaflow ES Oval Style Muffler?.....exhaust setup pending (H23A1LUDE

well im not sure why its so good, im about to put my system on from kteller soon, ill let you know what i think,

i know its great quality, and good clean bends, and good welds,
Old 07-16-2003, 01:04 PM

Default Re: What is so great about the Magnaflow ES Oval Style Muffler?.....exhaust setup pending (H23A1LUDE

I know I've heard nothing but positive things about Kteller's work. Did you get the ES Oval Style muffler? Let me know how it sounds and if you feel any gain.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23A1LUDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going through kteller to get my exhaust system. He has the ES oval style muffler sold the most. I was thinkin about goin with the dual tip which will look stock, just larger tips. I just wanted to know if their is anything special about the oval style muffler. I'm going to run 2.5" piping with Carsound Cat and the ES Oval Style Muffler</TD></TR></TABLE>
The ES Oval is a "straight through" design. It is inexpensive. It sounds good.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm about 99% sure that Magnaflow does not build the ES Muffler since there isn't anything in their catalog that resembles it. For one thing all the Magnaflow polished mufflers that I've seen over the last 3 years have welded ends. The ES is rolled. I just saw an ES a week or 2 ago and by simply knocking on the body I know it's not a Magnaflow. Now Magnaflow may be building it for another company to a different spec under their privite label program but I don't believe that it's up the the quality levels as the regular polished stainless Magnaflow mufflers.

I would be interested to know what the sound deadening material is made of. Is it fiberglass like many of the other mufflers out there? Magnaflow uses a stainless steel mesh inside theirs and that's one of the reasons it comes with a lifetime warranty. Does the ES muffler have a lifetime warranty?
Old 07-16-2003, 09:10 PM

can i see some pics of the dual tps installed on a lude? im thinking of ditching the fart can(apexi dunk catback) as well.