Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Tranny/Clutch Problem?? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tranny/Clutch Problem?? HELP!!!

Sup guys?? Well, I finally got my car on the road and I knew from the get go that there was something up with my clutch/tranny. My clutch pedal was VERY difficult to depress. Well, I have been driving it around for a few days now and this morning when I started up my car, let it idle for like 15 sec..then tried to put it in 1st...the started grinding. I had to push the clutch ALL TGHE WAY to the floor to get it into gear. As I slowly let the clutch out, it was letting out VERY early, the car started to shudder kinda violently. Then I went to shift into 2nd and the same thing happened; the car grinded going into 2nd. After the car warmed up a little bit it started shifting like it normally did.
But on my way home the same thing happened even after the car was warm. I am getting kinda nervous here. The car is grinding going into the gears a little and the car is starting to shake pretty badly as I let out the clutch.
When I bought the car I noticed that when I push in the clutch and get ready to let it out I hear a little rattling noise coming from the engine comparment. It ONLY occurs when I am in the motion of putting the gear in 1st and letting the clutch out. I raced my friend in my car a few days ago and the clutch felt fine. No slippage at all. It just seems a little hesistant to shift into gears sometimes.
I just bought brake fluid and topped off the fluids. As I was coming home it seemed like it was going to do it again, but it never did. I still need to check the tranny fluid but I was wondering if any of you guys have had this problem??? Any ideas what it could be??
Thanks,
Andy
Old 09-24-2002, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tranny/Clutch Problem?? HELP!!! (AndyD)

Sup guys?? Well, I finally got my car on the road and I knew from the get go that there was something up with my clutch/tranny. My clutch pedal was VERY difficult to depress. Well, I have been driving it around for a few days now and this morning when I started up my car, let it idle for like 15 sec..then tried to put it in 1st...the started grinding. I had to push the clutch ALL TGHE WAY to the floor to get it into gear. As I slowly let the clutch out, it was letting out VERY early, the car started to shudder kinda violently. Then I went to shift into 2nd and the same thing happened; the car grinded going into 2nd. After the car warmed up a little bit it started shifting like it normally did.
But on my way home the same thing happened even after the car was warm. I am getting kinda nervous here. The car is grinding going into the gears a little and the car is starting to shake pretty badly as I let out the clutch.
When I bought the car I noticed that when I push in the clutch and get ready to let it out I hear a little rattling noise coming from the engine comparment. It ONLY occurs when I am in the motion of putting the gear in 1st and letting the clutch out. I raced my friend in my car a few days ago and the clutch felt fine. No slippage at all. It just seems a little hesistant to shift into gears sometimes.
I just bought brake fluid and topped off the fluids. As I was coming home it seemed like it was going to do it again, but it never did. I still need to check the tranny fluid but I was wondering if any of you guys have had this problem??? Any ideas what it could be??
Thanks,
Andy
same **** here..... what could that be from??

[Modified by armharm, 3:52 PM 9/24/2002]
Old 09-24-2002, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tranny/Clutch Problem?? HELP!!! (armharm)

Maybe the slave cylinder needs to be bled? Replaced? Cable adjustment?

Sounds like the throw out arm isnt pushing in far enough to disengage the clutch.