Need help getting a prelude moving
Hello H-T, I am working on a project 98 prelude that I was hoping to get some help with. We bought this car not running and unknown history other than some accident damage. Below are the details on what we have done to it, and what is wrong:
- accident damage was: driver side broken lower ball joint, bent rim, and broken outer tie rod, damaged fender and front bumper
- car would crank but not fire
what we have done:
- to get the car running:
--- all new ignition stuff (plugs, cap & rotor, ICM)
--- ECU immobilizer removal (car started right up after getting immobilizer removed)
- replaced ball joint and tie rod end
What I am needing some help with:
- car starts and idles good
- while idling, battery and "brake" indicators are on, go off when raising RPMs, come back on when RPM lowers again
- car will NOT move in drive or reverse, just revs up like it's in Park or Neutral
- once you shift into drive, it shifter will not go back into Reverse, it goes to Neutral and does not go further up.
- speedometer sits at 10mph at idle, and raises with RPM, when I rev up the engine, the speedometer raises as well.
Where do I start looking at these issues?