Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

J'S RACING GK5 FIT3 SUS Circuit Converter (Cat Delete)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J'S RACING GK5 FIT3 SUS Circuit Converter (Cat Delete)

While trolling over on Japan sites, looky here -->

J'S RACING GK5 FIT3 SUS Circuit Converter

And a bad translation -->
Dramatic and power up in realizing the full straight structure!
GK5 FIT3 RS Circuit Converter

GK5 fitting 3 is to improve the environmental performance, the catalyst has been mounted two, has become a big exhaust resistance to exchange and clean the exhaust gases.
By making the two catalysts in a straight structure and is competition only parts can be greatly power up.
Unlike other products, it has a full straight structure of the first catalyst, to ensure the torque in the low rotation region by providing the expanded portion near the entrance section.
By the exhaust resistance is greatly reduced, providing the power and torque up in all rpm range of the low rpm range to high rpm range. The GK5 fit EX Mani has been built into the engine head, it is especially high power-up effect parts. Material adopts a hard stainless steel (SUS304) that rust has improved durability. It can be mounted in a completely bolt-on using the supplied gasket and bolt. Please use a closed course such as circuit.
If I did the conversion right, it's about $339.60.

**Update 12/10/14**
The JDM cat delete pipe has come in the mail.

***INSTALL WAS A SUCCESS. NO ISSUES WITH INSTALL***

I apologize for the pics if they are too dark. My phone camera's battery was low and I could not use the flash.
It weighed 5.2lbs
Stock cats and pipe weigh 16lbs.
10.8lbs in weight reduction.

Comes with a EGR delete 'cap'. Check engine code did come on.
Check engine code read --> P0135 - Powertrain, O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

Inlet to the J's Racing Circuit Converter

Outlet of the J's Racing Circuit Converter

It was difficult to measure the outlet of the pipe's inner diameter due to the piping being recessed inside. It looks like the pipe ends and opens up to the flange. So I measured the outside diameter of the pipe and it measures 2" (50.80mm) exactly.

More Pics!!!!
**Please excuse my picture quality**

It bolted right up without any fitment issues at all.

My old cat converters in their resting place, along with the EGR tube

1st Cat Converter Inlet. The EGR connection is to the bottom left of the cat.

A closer look.

2nd Cat piping inlet

2nd Cat piping discharge

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: J'S RACING GK5 FIT3 SUS Circuit Converter (Cat Delete)

Nice write up. Can't tell did you fix the MIL? Your drag strip still open so you can test it?
Old 12-11-2014, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by claymore
Nice write up. Can't tell did you fix the MIL? Your drag strip still open so you can test it?
Thanks Claymore! The following check engine code is still on -->
Check engine code read --> P0135 - Powertrain, O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

I will look into a fix for it.

Car is noticably louder. I expected it from all the reviews of cat deletes at the other site. Cruising noise is fine! It's just the transition to wide open throttle is unacceptable to me. May be fine for others.

I'm gonna take it back to the shop to have the B pipe inlet opened up from being 2" to 2.5" to straight 2.5" mated to the cat delete pipe. I'll talk to the shop about options on adding an additional resonator or muffler (probably resonator). There's a warehouse not to far from me and the shop that stocks them (Verocious Motorsports). Really excited about this circuit converter piece because it seems there is a difference. Even a 'huge' difference but I'm hesitant to say anything because the louder noise may be making me think this way. Gotta test it out to know for sure.

Atco Raceway is open this Saturday and Sunday for Test-n-Tune. It's the last weekend for this and temps should be in mid 40's. If they are open, I'll test this out on Saturday. Hoping for a really low 15 second 1/4 mile time. Can you imagine if we can hit a high 14 second 1/4 mile time in an automatic Fit? Haha!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck here's hoping for a 14 second run
Old 12-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck here's hoping for a 14 second run
Thanks Claymore! I'm trying not to think about it to much. Just glad I got my hands on this thing.

Just a minor update.
^^This check engine code does not pop up anymore. The mechanic forgot to plug in my O2 sensor. Once plugged in, this code disappeared.

However.....

P0401 (EGR Flow Insufficient) Check engine light code is the only one showing. I'm trying to find a fix for this. The pipe from the cat to the engine has been removed and there is an EGR cap that has been screwed in (Provided by J's Racing).
Old 12-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like the sensor it mounted too far out of the exhaust stream. Can you cut a portion off the bung to move it in closer? Good you found the other MIL was an easy fix.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like the sensor it mounted too far out of the exhaust stream. Can you cut a portion off the bung to move it in closer? Good you found the other MIL was an easy fix.
The sensor is still in place. It's just that the piping that was connected to the exhaust has since been removed and the hole it was attached to leading up to the EGR sensor (On the motor) is capped off. Trying to figure out how to resolve this issue (Example: Uncapping it and putting a small air filter on it, etc.).
Old 12-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Trial User

I really enjoy reading your posts. To be honest with you, my car is so new and still under warranty so I probably won't do much to it at the moment, but I like to know that their are people out there who are trying to do some cool things with these cars. Keep us updated.