Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Dyno proven modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SwiftTypeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SwiftTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not worth dropping money for performance on the Fit. Love it for what it is, a great, reliable, fuel efficient, roomy, magic stick, daily commuter Honda.

But....if I was ever going to mod my Fit, first thing I would do is drop a k20 in there. By that time, in 4-5 years the mounts should be out by then.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im not sure what you mean by the last comment, but the mounts are out. I have a set in stock right. If i can ever get off this dumb "ban status" trial mode, id PM you with the goods as well as show information regarding it.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default Re: (SwiftTypeR)

[QUOTE=SwiftTypeR]Yea, but your probally only looking at a 25-30 whp gain with a SC. It is reliable, but you still have to tighten the belts every oil change etc. You still need a header + exhuast to get more whp out of a SC plus the necessary guages. Then, if you want to maximize the potential of the SC, you need to get it tuned. All of this is roughly $5k. People who think I'll bolt on a turbo or sc and won't have to worry about anything else is dead wrong. Their very costly and time extensive to gain their max potential. If I had to choose between a SC or turbo, I would go with turbo everytime.

Your roughly going to invest about the same amount of money, but with a turbo you know you can get more whp easily. With a SC, all you can do is raise the boost by 2 lbs with a smaller pulley and thats IT. If you have the money to do a SC set up, your going to thirst for more power in the future and want a Turbo.

You guys know my preference, swap. Stealthy, reliablie, fuel efficient and don't need to invest a ton of money on guages + tuning.[/QUOTE

I'm sure most of us fit owners could care less about running the 1/4 mi. I'd buy a bolt on SC kit for one reason... I wouldn't have to turn off the AC if I needed to pass somebody on the highway. 30HP would greatly improve overall driveability.. When you need some go power, it would be there. I could care less about max HP.

I might ****** up a SC kit when they come out.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Dyno proven modifications? (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

go for it