Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

2007 Honda Fit Sport Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Honda Fit Sport Help

hello everyone,

the last time i was on this site was in 2007 when i enlisted in the army and when i left the car here i left it at 7000 miles MAX. Then i get back like 3-4 year later, my car has a wopping 78,000 freaking miles! now im stuck with the old beat up car and i have to fix so much **** on it...

sorry for random venting

well i put the subs back in my car because my wife wants to hear them again and after putting them back in, 2 weeks later my car starts shaking when i turn on the AC/Heater, so i poured in some Fuel Injector into it because i thought the Engine was clogged or the fuel injectors needed cleaning, worked a little bit but it still shakes. Sounds like the car is going to die now once i turn on the ac/heater, but who knows. I want to say that i hope its the battery of the car since i dont think it was changed since like i left it, but i cant tell either. and i also have a Shot Front Left Wheel Barring, so i have to change out the whole thing including the hub, dont I? and im not sure if the shaking is due to the Alternator, battery, alternator belts or what? any ideas? hope you guys can help or might have some ideas and i'll try out what i can without blowing all my cash on everything to find out it was something small in the first place. well thanks guys, hope to hear from you all soon.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 Honda Fit Sport Help

Try regapping your spark plugs down to .032", see if that helps. At 78,000 miles, you are due for a regap. It has worked for me every time my car gets the "hiccups."

Last edited by macbuddy; 02-11-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for letting me know, but since i work so much i dont have time to do that, well i brought it to a mechanic really quick and they havent looked at it, but they said that i would probably need new spark plugs. would that be ok as well instead of repairing and regapping my old ones?
Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you have a rough idle in the mornings when the engine's completely cold? And if you do, does it get better as the car warms up?

If you answered yes to both of these, it might just need a valve adjustment, it could be about that time with your mileage.

I wouldn't recommend re-gapping your OEM spark plugs because they're iridium-tipped. Unless you have one of those special gappers that don't press on the tip.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go ahead and replace the spark plugs since it's relatively easy/cheap, but I'm doubtful that it'll solve your problem. The OEM spark plugs are "long-life" and iridium - they should have no problem making it to 100k.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no it doesnt get better even after the car warms up..and i have stock spark plugs unless thats what they come with.

maybe its my alternator then? idk im going to this mechanic just to check it out, but someone mentioned that my starter might also be messed up, because we were going to go to lunch and my car wouldnt start, so i had to get a jump from my friend.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Battery on the way out will cause all those problems.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Trial User

I'm having the same problem with my 2007 sport. Posting for help. Thanks for bringing up the topic. I am around the 78k mark as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha no problem, i was looking around and i didnt see this thread or this topic. I went to a mechanic and got it checked out, they said that my alternator was ok and so was my battery, until they did the battery check..my battery was dead. So i got a new one and it was fixed, sort of. It still shakes from time to time when im idle'd at a light and i turn on the heater or the A/C. Im really thinking it might be my alternator, but its not that bad now.

they did mention that it was because a lot of 4 cylinder cars do shake and the older it gets it will shake like that when you turn it on. I might get it checked again once i get situated again just to see what else might be the problem.

im really hoping its not the alternator as well since it was an old battery and i just kept jumping it from time to time hoping it would charge it up some.

oh and btw, i still havent got a tune up myself, so that might be it, new spark plugs seem better then to the re-gap the old ones, i believe he mentioned the air something and the fuel something needs to be fixed or changed.

hope some of what i said would help you, just semi-relaying what the mechanic said to me.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's not your alternator so don't waste your money on one. A BAD Alternator WILL NOT make your car shake.

When you place a load on your engine by turning on electrical appliances there may be a momentary change in idle until the ELD changes the idle speed. If after a few seconds the shaking remains then you can be sure it's a mechanical problem like your sparking units or old spark plugs.

Trust me I called your bad battery didn't I....
Old 02-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha ok ok ko i believe you...no really i do believe you haha, well should i just get a tune up done too just to clean out some of my fuel pipes and whatnot or just get the spark plugs?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would try the spark plugs first. Or take the Fit on a "Hot Run" down the expressway. You need to step on it HARD right up to redline several times to clean out the combustion chambers. While doing it in 5th would bring the best results that may get you a ticket so do it in the lower gears up to the speed limit.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha i so just keep it at a low gear and go up to the speed limit just as long as i hit the red line a couple of times? but dont do it in neurtral right? i'll try the hot run and then if the car stops doing that dying shake i'll just get a whole tune up...right?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea no real reason to go over the speed limit. Do it while accelerating don't go to red line and hold it there for a long time. Do not do it in neutral there is no load on the engine and won't help.

A nice run on the expressway at the speed limit will help too flooring it safely on the entrance ramp.

Then if it's still shaking try the plugs.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i did that and everything, still shakes. *sigh* well i have to get a new wheel baring and probably the hub as well since its shot first. and then i'll do a tune up since its pretty much part of it...doesnt the car have to get a tune up every now and then?

btw, is it bad if you rev the engine high then drop it in drive in an automatic to burnout? my friend was doing it with his car and i thought it was bad...also while driving just throw it in neutral and then drive...isnt it bad?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's VERY BAD to rev it in neutral and then drop it in gear.

A "tuneup" on a Fit is just replacing the spark plugs and maybe the air cleaner. And yes all cars need maintenance every once in awhile.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got you, what else should i get replaced, isnt there like a fuel valve or something he mentioned
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what happens if you do it once or twice? and if you do that alot what could potentially happen to your car?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Minor tune up doesn't need anything else. But you also probably need your valve clearances adjusted also.

You can check your PCV valve very easily just by pinching the hose from it to the intake manifold while the engine is running. If it is working ok you will hear a click when you pinch the air off. No click bad valve or leaking hose.

Once or twice should be ok but doing it a lot will result in a damaged transmission.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I gotta say, my 07 does this at idle when the A/C is on. I found it quite odd. I can hear the A/C compressor clicking on and off and is when i notice the car drop below 1,000 RPMS. It does this on and off every 10 seconds.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is just the ELD adjusting the idle speed according to load.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i got it done and i forgot to mention it to you guys...well it was time for new spark plugs...there was no way i could get them re-gaped at all. so i bought some new ones and changed them and WAH LAH! problems solved...i tested the a/c and the heater again while idle and it shook once but that was it.

got 2 new wheel barrings and got it fixed, except my abs isnt connected, well the lights on. they said that the connector is crooked or bent so they're going to fix that.

when i turn the steering wheel left or right, it clicks, i believe those are my strut mounts that need to be fixed or replaced.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Trial User

Well at least you got yours fixed. I have had my check engine light come on 3 times. each time it reads egr valve. It will idle real low like it wants to cut off. Someone told me to clean the ports that the valve shouldnt be out this quick. I did that, changed spark plugs, air filter, tires. almost 700 later I get on the highway the other day and as I was getting off my car just cut off.Started it again and went 3 lights with it doing this. pulled off the road. it idled low and cut off. I finally decided to get back on the road and continue on. drove about 5 miles more and now it is still idling funny but not cutting off on me. No check engine light. Nothing. Any ideas what that may be?