Notices

Are two hasport/innovative mounts and one oe mount safe to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 07:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Are two hasport/innovative mounts and one oe mount safe to drive?

Hi guys,

I wanted to get new motor mounts. I have an aftermarket cross member and have a ghetto rigged front motor mount, so getting aftermarket mounts that only uses the side and rear torque mounts seems really appealing to me.

However, I looked at the rear mount and it's looking like a real pain to get the rear one out. Also I don't want to get a whole bunch of vibration either.

Can I run say; Two hasport or innovative left and right mounts and keep the oe rear mount.
This would limit vibration in the cabin, but obviously it would be less supported, I'm not sure if it will be safe to only have the three mounts only, at that point. And I wanna get rid of my ugly front mount

What's your opinion.
Car is a crx d16a6 and I'm looking at innovative 60A or hasport 62A.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Are two hasport/innovative mounts and one oe mount safe to drive?

yeah, no reason why it would be unsafe. I would keep an eye on them over time to see how they're holding up. however, if it was my car, I would do everything possible to keep OE mounts. so that would mean some fabrication work to make a nice new mounting point on your cross member to fit the stock mount as it should be. I say this for both longevity and comfort (vibration). I've had mounts that literally caused bulbs in the tail lights to shake out of the sockets.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the Engine rock forward and back? (ie. Core support to firewall)

I would not run just two though it may create a stress point on the OE rear mount.

Three Hasport or Innovative is fine, the Innovative steel may be easier to fit but have had bushing issues.

I have Hasport on two cars and will stick with them. Some vibration too, bcuz racecar.

Welcome back.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:40 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Side mounts do not do a lot for movement control of the engine, its the front and rear. I have run aftermarket front and rear mounts and left side mounts alone just fine though.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Does the Engine rock forward and back? (ie. Core support to firewall)

I would not run just two though it may create a stress point on the OE rear mount.

Three Hasport or Innovative is fine, the Innovative steel may be easier to fit but have had bushing issues.

I have Hasport on two cars and will stick with them. Some vibration too, bcuz racecar.

Welcome back.
I made a bracket to use the oe front torque mount on my innovative traction bar that replaces the cross member.
Currently does not rock back and forth, my mounts are full with hot glue, moves about 2 cm at most. I just wanna clean it up.
And the innovative front mount is the same price as the full mount set.
The other day I replaced someones worn front mount on their civic. And I noticed how flimsy it was and it actually made no difference at all to the engine movement.
That was why I though of buying the innovative mount set and running the two sides and leaving the oe rear in place.
Originally Posted by v4lu3s
Side mounts do not do a lot for movement control of the engine, its the front and rear. I have run aftermarket front and rear mounts and left side mounts alone just fine though.
I don't know, even when knew, the torque mounts don't restrict much of anything. Maybe with inserts in them yes, but they seem to be there more as a failsafe or limit.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acmoc
I don't know, even when knew, the torque mounts don't restrict much of anything. Maybe with inserts in them yes, but they seem to be there more as a failsafe or limit.
they're not meant to. they are just there to absorb vibration. like if you clang together wine glasses, the 'clang' stops just by touching the glass, you know what I mean? i was gonna say a bell, but really, more winos out there than bell aficionados :p it doesn't take much to dampen vibrations.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Mine are filled with hot glue and I been noting the driver has more movement.
the driver was a bit torn before the hot glue so it might be going through.
I will be ordering the innovative 75 a steel kit next month
Old 03-29-2017, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

went with window weld instead of hot glue.
flippin rocks, a bit stiffer than stock but no
teeth rattlin vibe. cheap and lovely, my 2 favorite
things! 8)

2 x DOW U-428+ Windshield Urethane Adhesive Primerless Automotive Glue Sealant | eBay