Notices

Glovebox gauges....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glovebox gauges....

Anyone know where they sell a glove box gauge pod for a 91 crx?? I tried doing it myself out of adf but its hard to get it exact cuz the top of the box has a bend in it...any help would be appreciated

Thanks!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Glovebox gauges.... (91crxturbo)

I don't understand those at all, but everyone i've ever seen was a custom fab.

Possibley someone whos made one would do up another and sell it to you?

Old 09-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I want it becuase i don't want my car being stolen due to mods....the car looks pretty much stock and i want it stay that way...I understand that it is unsafe to look at the glovebox as i drive, but that is what a warning system is for...
Old 09-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (91crxturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91crxturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want it becuase i don't want my car being stolen due to mods....the car looks pretty much stock and i want it stay that way...I understand that it is unsafe to look at the glovebox as i drive, but that is what a warning system is for...</TD></TR></TABLE>How about an alarm, or better yet a garage? I invested in the second one and I never had to look back

Really though, what is the point of having guages in lala land? Just use the dash above the center vents and put them flush against the surface. Walla, stealthy.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dr_latino999)

I like that position too. And am thinking about it for my CRX. You could even fab a dummy plate with velcro to stick over the guages there if you dont want someone to see them.

Make the plate something stupid, like a garfield bumper sticker...
Old 09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

or put them behind the vents, and when u need to see them u can open them up..? or u can make a dummy plate and cover them when you leave. thast what im planning on doing.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RSZero1)

I have an alarm and a kill switch, but that still doesn't give me peace of mind. It also has A LOT to do with being hastled by cops. I've been pulled over before in my talon, as soon as the cop saw my afc and gauges in my ceneter console he asked me to pop my hood.....i can't afford that ticket again. Thanks for the ideas guys, but does anyone know where they sell the glovebox pod???

Modified by 91crxturbo at 12:08 AM 9/26/2006
Old 09-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buuump
Old 09-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm actually interested to know if anything like that already exists....

I had already planned on making one by myself, but if there is one that looks decent, Im all for it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Really though, what is the point of having guages in lala land? Just use the dash above the center vents and put them flush against the surface. Walla, stealthy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't really see a problem with having the gauges in the g-box. I mean, just how often do you need to look at your boost/temp/pres. levels while you're driving? Not to mention the fact that the car is only like 6 feet across. Not exactly a long distance from the driver's seat...
Old 09-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uh whats the point in having the gauges then if you arent going ot look at them. your boost gauge does no good unless you are driving, either would the others, so i think it would be an important factor in having them accessilble while driving....and the glovebox is not a good place. maybe for eyecandy only but if u want the function of them, please find another place.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (menappi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menappi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uh whats the point in having the gauges then if you arent going ot look at them. your boost gauge does no good unless you are driving, either would the others, so i think it would be an important factor in having them accessilble while driving....and the glovebox is not a good place. maybe for eyecandy only but if u want the function of them, please find another place. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't agree...

We're talking about a car that you can physically reach over with a hand STILL on the steering wheel, and roll down the passenger window. To say that you would not be able to see the gauges while you're driving is only true...if you have the g-box CLOSED.

Point is, this gentleman...and myself want a clean install that can't be visable to people peering in your windows. This thread isn't asking for reasons NOT to do the mod, but if anyone has information on how to do it....or where to find one.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (menappi)

sometimes people use guages as mainly a diagnostic tool. I was originally gonna put mine there, but now I got better things to spend my money on.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tippyman)

My reasons for wanting the g-box setup are 2-fold.

1. I don't want the looky-loo's deciding to put a brick through my window b/c Im advertising what I have under my hood.

2. I like the Si interior pretty much just the way it is. With the exception of the Dc2 center console, I want to remain stock looking for the most part. The dummy plate is a good idea as well, but I don't think I'd like the look of a hole in my dash.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Besides, I would be using my glove bow to, you know, put things in.
But yeah I agree, funny looki'n and not too functional.
-Chris
Old 09-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: (imgoingforit)

I don't understand what you people don't get? Why do you need to check your gauges after you get your car dialed in? I don't need think anyone needs to check their boost gauge everytime it spools up or their water temp.

Nevermind the fact that you have stock gauges that will tell you if anything is THAT wrong (ie overheating or no oil pressure).

I'm actually moving my gauges to the glove box whenever i get new ones. The only time i need to see them is between runs at the track to make sure my car is up to temp. Oil pressure gauge will just be for piece of mind that the motor isn't going away.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (njn63)

ya the glove box idea isn't very functional.. if you want to be discreet thats cool but where are you gonna put a bottle of axe effect, napkins, and your registration??
Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ne3ek)

Thats what the armrest box on my dc2 console is for
Old 09-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone know where to get one??? comon!!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ne3ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya the glove box idea isn't very functional.. if you want to be discreet thats cool but where are you gonna put a bottle of axe effect, napkins, and your registration??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um.. in a CRX? How about the rear locking box? or the 2 boxes on the sides of those? Or the tray under the radio?

The CRX has more storage compartments than i know what to do with.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91crxturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone know where to get one??? comon!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Custom fab it. They make them for EK's I know that, but when I researched doing mine, I came to the conclusion of doing a black plastic sheet. Template out of cardboard, and cut the plastic to that.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by njn63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Um.. in a CRX? How about the rear locking box? or the 2 boxes on the sides of those? Or the tray under the radio?

The CRX has more storage compartments than i know what to do with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya cuz you really wanna reach back and grab that ****... thats where you keep tools, fuses, and claning supplies. jees.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ne3ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya cuz you really wanna reach back and grab that ****... thats where you keep tools, fuses, and claning supplies. jees.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The drivers side storage bin is more accessible when you're getting out of the car than the glove box. I actually have a bottle of axe in there.

Napkins? What the hell would i need those for?

Registration? I need that how often?

I'm a very minimalist person to start with. Everything i need when i go out is in my pockets. I have no use for the glove box really. Right now it has the owners manual (why? I have no clue), registration/insurance, a bottle of touchup paint and my front license plate.

edit: All this coming from a guy that doesn't have a climate control or clock in his car anymore?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i lied i actually keep my axe in the pocket on the back of my seat.. for discreet freshening up. my reg and ins i actually keep in my ashtray and my glovebox is usually empty.

i use napkins for checking oil dude.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by njn63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Napkins? What the hell would i need those for? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wiping *** off of ur girl's chest. Dur...
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tippyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wiping *** off of ur girl's chest. Dur...</TD></TR></TABLE>

pfft, that's HER problem

Only time i check my oil is... pretty much never. Once in a while when getting gas but my car hasn't lost a drop of oil in 20k miles i swear.

Quick Reply: Glovebox gauges....