91 honda civic ls low compression - Honda-Tech

91 honda civic ls low compression

Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Trial User

Icon2 91 honda civic ls low compression

New to the this so im hoping I am posting in the correct thread. I have a 91 honda civic with a swapped ls b18a1. I got it thinking there was a blowen head gasket. It was odd tho only white steam/smoke would come out when i turn i drove it two hours and dident have any smoke or overheating. but when i turn white steam/smoke would come out in massive amounts. So i took the head off put a new gasket on started her up and my whole car shakes and it sounded like a diesel truck on idle when i gave it gas it sounded fine. took it around the block a few time did some turn n white smoke agian... Did a compression test and #4 cylinder was only pushing 50 psi and the other three where holding around 175. I took my head off and my valves looked fine i put water in and it held. the other thought was maybe bad piston ring but i took a lot on the walls and there was no marks or scratches. i dont see why a pistion ring would go out just like that either because it was fine before. i thought maybe it was the head gasket because i did not do the torque sequence order. so i out a new one on and did the order. started it up nothing. did a compression test agian. #4 cylinder 25 psi the other three are at about 90 psi... What could be going on???
Jovan Guerrero is offline   Reply With Quote