Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just installed new CD player, but it wont turn on...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed new CD player, but it wont turn on...

I've installed several CD players into cars without problems but i came across a problem tonight. Everything is wired up correctly, I found a wiring diagram online for my 94 civic so i went off of that (and i know its correct because i found a few others that all said the same thing). Once i plugged it into my new deck to test it out, it wouldn't even turn on. I checked all the fuses and everythings good so it cant be that either.

My next assumption is that it has to do with the car alarm that the previous owner installed. Is it possible that he took the power supply from the radio and used it for the car alarm? Its super ghetto rigged and doesnt even work.

I bought the car with no radio whatsoever, so i dont know if the one before it worked or not. Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Just installed new CD player, but it wont turn on...

do you not have a multimeter or test light? pull the cd player back out and then test the battery power and ignition only power wires for voltage when they should have it.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by CubbyChowder
I've installed several CD players into cars without problems but i came across a problem tonight. Everything is wired up correctly, I found a wiring diagram online for my 94 civic so i went off of that (and i know its correct because i found a few others that all said the same thing). Once i plugged it into my new deck to test it out, it wouldn't even turn on. I checked all the fuses and everythings good so it cant be that either.

My next assumption is that it has to do with the car alarm that the previous owner installed. Is it possible that he took the power supply from the radio and used it for the car alarm? Its super ghetto rigged and doesnt even work.

I bought the car with no radio whatsoever, so i dont know if the one before it worked or not. Any ideas?
did you check the radio
Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Make sure you don't have any wires pulled from the harness itself. Take a multi meter and check each of the main three. Test the constant with the key off, test the power with the key on, and test the ground by using it as the ground for the power. If everything checks out there, try to follow the harness as best as you can till you find something. If all else fails, hardwire it. Constant and power directly to the fusebox and ground it to the radio mount.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help guys im going to look into it more tomorrow and hopefully figure things out