Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Disarming my anti-theft?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disarming my anti-theft?

So I have a 1994 Del Sol S that, when I bought it used, it had an anti-theft system installed that may have been factory, but I am not sure. It didn't work until a mechanic doing an oil change decided he would do me a favor and activate it. Since then the system works like this: As soon as any of the doors open (including the trunk) I have 15 seconds or so to turn the car to ON or the hazard lights will blink and the car will not start (no horn or siren involved). I just did a small repair to the car, unplugging the battery when I did it. When I plugged the battery back in the anti-theft system activated and it hasnt stopped. It's been about 20 minutes. How do I disarm it?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Disarming my anti-theft? (afarawaycoast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by afarawaycoast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I have a 1994 Del Sol S that, when I bought it used, it had an anti-theft system installed that may have been factory, but I am not sure. It didn't work until a mechanic doing an oil change decided he would do me a favor and activate it. Since then the system works like this: As soon as any of the doors open (including the trunk) I have 15 seconds or so to turn the car to ON or the hazard lights will blink and the car will not start (no horn or siren involved). I just did a small repair to the car, unplugging the battery when I did it. When I plugged the battery back in the anti-theft system activated and it hasnt stopped. It's been about 20 minutes. How do I disarm it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

go back to the mechanic, that activated it to de-activate it..
Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

all alarms are connected to the 2 of the 4 main wires on your ignition. remove your steering column cover and lower panel. find your ignition, follow the wires until you see where wires have been spliced into.. then connect the oem wires back together, color code comes in play here.

then later remove the entire alarm system if you dont need it.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Disarming my anti-theft? (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all alarms are connected to the 2 of the 4 main wires on your ignition. remove your steering column cover and lower panel. find your ignition, follow the wires until you see where wires have been spliced into.. then connect the oem wires from the ignition to those that were cut.

then later remove the entire alarm system if you dont need it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if that's the case how did the mechanic, re-activate it? What business does he have under the column?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well if it has been going for 20 min im sure your neighbors are getting pissed do unplug the battery lol
Old 09-25-2006, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Disarming my anti-theft? (lowryder227)

I wish I knew - this happened about 3 oil changes ago and I have had the car for 4 years with no alarm working or anything. If I could take it back I would, but like I said, the car will not start now, and I really dont want to pay the money to have it towed because I am on a budget. The killer part is I am trying to sell the car, so this needs to be resolved ASAP.

The system is mounted underneath the seat, and it has a couple of switches (MODE - manual, automatic, autolock; duration - 30S or 60S; RELOCK - ON OFF) and there was a place to adjust sensitivity, but it needs a special tool for it - I think a knife might sufice though)
Old 09-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Disarming my anti-theft? (G2 Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if that's the case how did the mechanic, re-activate it? What business does he have under the column? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have no idea what the mechanic is doing... the thread is about disarming his alarm (so he can drive it and maybe fix it later)

my information will get his alarm disarmed so he can decide what he wants to do further, either find out if its an oem alarm, clifford etc to then fix it or get a new one.