Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Complete Walk-Through for B18C(R) Swap Into EK? Actually Searched...Nothing Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Complete Walk-Through for B18C(R) Swap Into EK? Actually Searched...Nothing Amaz

We need more threads like this.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Complete Walk-Through for B18C(R) Swap Into EK? Actually Searched...Nothing Amaz

for being a resource forum, you guys sure fail at it.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to be putting a gsr in my EK this weekend. I'll try to document and take photos.. but to be honest, it has been many years since I last worked on a honda. So I'll be doing quite a bit of searching / head scratching in between beer breaks.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

How about just contact the OP and see if he can re-host the pics? Nevermind. I did it for you.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice yet simple
Old 12-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://bc-garage.com/2012/10/21/b-se...ne-swap-guide/

Hope this can help
Old 09-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to bring this back from the dead, since I am currently doing this swap in my 1996 Honda Civic DX.

If you had a D16Y7 originally in the car, you WILL need to get a new fuel line going from the filter to fuel rail. The original line is too short because the intake manifold and fuel rail was a different design. A fuel line for a 99-00 Civic Si will work according to a trusted source. I am about to order and will update when complete.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<p>5 year old, dead thread</p><p>Can we please stop reviving ancient threads? &nbsp;Thanks.</p>
Old 09-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
<p>5 year old, dead thread[/size]</p><p>Can we please stop reviving ancient threads? &nbsp;Thanks.</p>
Have you found a good reference for doing this swap in an ek?
No one has made a good write-up from what I can find.
I don't see the harm in updating a thread created by a very knowledgeable member of the community with information that I had to find out the hard way, so someone else doesn't make the same mistake.
Isn't that what this forum is for, helping others and spreading the knowledge we have gathered?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<p>5 year old, dead thread</p><p>Can we please stop reviving ancient threads? &nbsp;Thanks.</p>
Woah!!! You're a mean guy all the time!!!

Idk, I think in this instance its more helpful to add info to this thread than start another thread just to say "an em1 line will work, btw".

You would have made fun of him for doing the latter as well. One day, you'll have a thousand tears to answer for.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ I had the same issue with my swap and couldn't find an answer on the fuel line question. I definitely think it was information worth bumping an old thread to add. I guess it's considered sacrilegious on this forum though...
Old 09-02-2015, 11:36 AM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd make the exception as it is adding relevant info rather than bumping an old thread to ask random questions but given that the majority of the info is scattered it would be worth while if "-Justin-" would create a brand new thread to document the entire process in detail since it is currently in progress so it can be added to the FAQ.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 24TEN
I'd make the exception as it is adding relevant info rather than bumping an old thread to ask random questions but given that the majority of the info is scattered it would be worth while if "-Justin-" would create a brand new thread to document the entire process in detail since it is currently in progress so it can be added to the FAQ.
Not a bad idea. I've been trying to take as many pictures as I can as I've gone through this and there's still some unknowns to come.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:00 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by -Justin-
Have you found a good reference for doing this swap in an ek?
No one has made a good write-up from what I can find.
I don't see the harm in updating a thread created by a very knowledgeable member of the community with information that I had to find out the hard way, so someone else doesn't make the same mistake.
Isn't that what this forum is for, helping others and spreading the knowledge we have gathered?
You kidding me? Plenty on google.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:31 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<p>A good reference for doing a B swap in a 6G chassis? &nbsp;Or are you talking EK's specifically? &nbsp;EK4? &nbsp;EK9? &nbsp;Or are you just another ignoramus who calls them all EKs? &nbsp;Are you unaware of this awesome thing we have called an FAQ sticky, where there are 12, that's right, count 'em, 12 threads directly related to B swaps into the 6G chassis? &nbsp;Are you also unaware of this awesome thing called Google?</p><p>Now stop making excuses, and stop bumping ancient threads. &nbsp;Let the good ones live in peaceful posterity, and let the shitty ones die the quick, painless death that is the second page.</p>
Old 09-03-2015, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<p>A good reference for doing a B swap in a 6G chassis? &nbsp;Or are you talking EK's specifically? &nbsp;EK4? &nbsp;EK9? &nbsp;Or are you just another ignoramus who calls them all EKs? &nbsp;Are you unaware of this awesome thing we have called an FAQ sticky, where there are 12, that's right, count 'em, 12 threads directly related to B swaps into the 6G chassis? &nbsp;Are you also unaware of this awesome thing called Google?</p><p>Now stop making excuses, and stop bumping ancient threads. &nbsp;Let the good ones live in peaceful posterity, and let the shitty ones die the quick, painless death that is the second page.</p>
That's a good way to encourage people to post advice and not create multiple threads.

You think I don't know the difference between chassis codes? I'm referring to the EJ6.
Unless you are importing cars from Japan, then you might want to stop referring to everything as EKs.
Go look in the FAQ, search, or Google and find me one instance of the issue that I just addressed.
I have searched high and low, and just like this thread initially indicated, there is a surprising lack of information related to this swap, specifically in the 96-98 chassis.

Also, if you wouldn't have replied it would have fallen down the list again, so thanks for replying and bringing it back to life yet again!

Now go troll somewhere else. If the thread isn't locked I can post wherever the f$ck I want, you ******* noob 2013 member.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:45 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by instrument
i i think it shows how much actually experience is lacked by the majority of users on the board.

seriously, most peoples comfort ends with bolt on's

either that or you have the parts all listed.
I think you pretty much got every thing..
Old 02-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

This last page right here, shows the lack of education and learning to do some sort of research.

I feel bad for all the people who actually created guides on swaps, people who created a section on there site for guides on swaps, and people who constantly have to repeat themselves....

And don't tell me that the guides are missing pictures because google can find another link to another guide that you can compare.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by -Justin-

Now go troll somewhere else. If the thread isn't locked I can post wherever the f$ck I want, you ******* noob 2013 member.
This......

Justin could not agree with you more. He acts like a total jackass to everyone and hes a ******* noob. I just have him on ignore. Im not saying that he may not expel good info from time to time.....but his sole purpose here is to act like a jackass. We were here before him and we will be after he's long gone!
Old 10-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I am in the process of gathering all the info I can to do a B18C-R swap in my 99 civic coupe (EJ8). I have already started taking pics of what I have started upgrading so far ie. Wilwood 4 piston front brakes, Eibach front and rear sway bars, Hardrace front lower control arms and rear trailing arm bushing, Skunk 2 front and rear camber kit, Pro V II's. as I know none of this applies to the current topic I will post pics and list of things needed within the next 2 weeks for the swap.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by goinfast
Well, I am in the process of gathering all the info I can to do a B18C-R swap in my 99 civic coupe (EJ8). I have already started taking pics of what I have started upgrading so far ie. Wilwood 4 piston front brakes, Eibach front and rear sway bars, Hardrace front lower control arms and rear trailing arm bushing, Skunk 2 front and rear camber kit, Pro V II's. as I know none of this applies to the current topic I will post pics and list of things needed within the next 2 weeks for the swap.
It would be fantastic if you would post pics of your build. But would you mind creating your own thread when you are ready? This way key information will be located at the beginning of your thread and easy to find. Please feel free to add a link to this thread if you think the information would be useful.

Cheers.