Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Can Suspension Techniques EK rear sway work with ASR subframe

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Suspension Techniques EK rear sway work with ASR subframe

Well I bought a ASR rear subframe kit and then went out got Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bar kit... my only issue or red flag is; in the Suspension Techniques rear install instructions it has the installer use a template and lower the D link monting brakets on the subframe about 1/4" to 1/8"... it says that is needed to keep the rear bar at 90 degress to the ground.

So has any one run this sway bar with the ASR rear subframe?

If I can not run this set up (in the rear) what rear sway bar should I run? Thanks in advance for all your help...
Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can Suspension Techniques EK rear sway work with ASR subframe (Hairy Hudson)

i'm running the two currently, however i'm not using the holes in the lca's as mounting points, i got mine with the hardware for not having a factory rear sway, no holes were drilled. works great
Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Can Suspension Techniques EK rear sway work with ASR subframe (crimsonv4mpire)

thanks I got those brackets as well. are you using the fartory mounting points on the body (subframe)? Do you notice any binding

thanks for your help the Suspension Techniques install on a ASR submember looked a little odd
Old 10-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can Suspension Techniques EK rear sway work with ASR subframe (Hairy Hudson)

i did have a factory sway bar, 14mm, which lined up with the holes on the asr, if you have the front and rear combo remember the square looking bar is the front and the curvy one is the rear, looks backwards but that's how it goes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can Suspension Techniques EK rear sway work with ASR subframe (crimsonv4mpire)

Most people use the ITR sway bar with the ASR reinforcement. That's what ASR recommends as well. They have the package w/ hardware and endlinks for $340 shipped almost everywhere. I would suggest IAPdirect.com though. Weaksauce is pretty good too, however, they put me on a 3 week wait.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it can work. See my sig for writeup.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes it works, i have it installed on my car as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: (Eran)

I read over your write up, but i just cant get the rear bar to fit on my car
Whats going on is that bar its self seems to wide. The ends were the end links bolt in are touching the back of my braking system (backing plate and rear lines).

I did get the front bar in but notice a small click on hard bumps on the front, is this normal for an after market bar or does it need the end links adjusted a little (like a little too much free play)?

Oh - even with just a front bar and rear brace I notice a HUGE diff! Car take the turns like a champ!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hairy Hudson)

after a little fighting i got it to fit on my car. The only advice i can give is to leave it all just hand tight till its all on then go back and tighten it all up.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I attempted to fit these two parts together today without any success. The ST rear bar touches both rear shocks. ANY ADVISE PLEASE? Problem lies with the sway bar being spaced back an inch farther from asr brace.