Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Brake pads for EM1, which brand???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pads for EM1, which brand???

Already tried searching but for some reasons none of the threads that came up were available.

So I'll make a new post and make it simple. Its time for brakes on my EM1. Whats everyone running for pads? Anything special out there? I don't do any track racing or anything so don't need anything extreme but figure there has to be something better than the cheap pads I can get at the parts store.

If anyone has links to them online so I can just order them that would be great too.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake pads for EM1, which brand??? (TwistedSI)

a lot of the more aggresive pads dust like crazy. i run axxis MM pads. they are priced good, work well but coat the wheels with tons of brake dust.

for a street driven car, the OEM honda pads work really well. i just put brembo blanks [picked up locally] and OEM honda pads that i ordered from majestic honda [honda automotive parts.com] on my girls del sol. they work really nice!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Axxis pads seem to be pretty popular, and so do EBC. I know you can get the Axxis on NOPI for like $25. Nissin also sells replacement pads for OE.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake pads for EM1, which brand??? (jaedaSC)

If you don't track the car, just run OEM pads. If you need to replace the rotors, go with Brembo blanks.

Agressive pads just tear up rotors and most are dusty. Not worth it for a daily driver. Hell, most of the track ****** on here have 2 sets of pads. One for DD, one for track use.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I run OEM Honda (Nissin) pads on my daily driver. Long life, no squealing, very low dust, very easy on rotors. Enough bite to just barely lock up my Kumho 711 summer tires - not particularly impressive, but better than any discount off-brand pads I've used from the chain stores. Fade resistance is more than enough for street driving.

On my track car, I can still get away with Axxis Ultimates for both street and track use - although as I get faster the fade is becoming a problem so I may end up having to get something more aggressive, and start swapping pads at the track. The Ultimates have excellent bite and more than enough fade resistance for autocross and light-duty track use. Very dusty, occasionally squeaky, but still pretty good on rotor wear. The friction material seems to last a good while for a performance pad as well.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hawk HP+ are excellent for auto-x, HPDE and street. They get very grabby when hot, which is nice.

Thy don't tear up rotors, last pretty long, but they get kinda dusty.

As previously stated, if you aren't doing any auto-x or HPDE, just get OEM.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Brake pads for EM1, which brand??? (gamby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gamby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hawk HP+ are excellent for auto-x, HPDE and street. They get very grabby when hot, which is nice.

Thy don't tear up rotors, last pretty long, but they get kinda dusty.

As previously stated, if you aren't doing any auto-x or HPDE, just get OEM. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have also been running hawk pads. I use Hawk HPS though, i believe its the street version. They have been on my car for over 2 years now and work great. Far improved from the shitty braking our cars suffer from.