Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

09 Civic Windshield - side "molding" missing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 09 Civic Windshield - side "molding" missing

Howdy All - I made an error overestimating my skills of observation and am now seeking help.

I bought an 09 Civic for daughter away in college - 4DR LX - noted some "molding" missing but figured I would just buy it from Majestic and install it myself before she went off to school.

Here is the URL to the windshield here:

Honda Automotive Parts

Upon closer inspection it turns out that what appears to be missing is some kind of pieces between the outside of windshield on both the left and right. This is NOT the top molding referenced in the image as B-42-10. I can see the clips for that molding in place but what I expect to see is something that covers those clips. I've been lots of searching but am coming up empty everywhere. Prior owner never seemed to have any problems and I see no evidence of leakage but am still concerned.

Hopefully the file uploads and is reasonably clear.

Goal is to find the appropriate pieces to put in place.

Its my daughter who will be far away and all that so any thoughts or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

-Robert
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2016, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 09 Civic Windshield - side "molding" missing

You can get the piece from a dealer no problem. Just stop by and I am sure the parts desk will be able to find it.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:05 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Having replaced by windshield/roof moldings recently, the section missing is actually part of B-42-10. It is all one piece, so to cover the exposed section you have to replace the whole rail.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:14 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ralbach
Howdy All - I made an error overestimating my skills of observation and am now seeking help.

I bought an 09 Civic for daughter away in college - 4DR LX - noted some "molding" missing but figured I would just buy it from Majestic and install it myself before she went off to school.

Here is the URL to the windshield here:

Honda Automotive Parts

Upon closer inspection it turns out that what appears to be missing is some kind of pieces between the outside of windshield on both the left and right. This is NOT the top molding referenced in the image as B-42-10. I can see the clips for that molding in place but what I expect to see is something that covers those clips. I've been lots of searching but am coming up empty everywhere. Prior owner never seemed to have any problems and I see no evidence of leakage but am still concerned.

Hopefully the file uploads and is reasonably clear.

Goal is to find the appropriate pieces to put in place.

Its my daughter who will be far away and all that so any thoughts or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

-Robert
Hello, were you ever able to figure out the part number? I have the same piece that flew off last week! Thank you!