Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

E brake code not working.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E brake code not working.....

Guys, tying to get a parts car cranked that I got with no key. Got the code from my local dealer and went thru the sequence several times with no luck. Now, my deviation my the cause of no success. They had busted up the lock and key set up pretty bad in order to get the column lock loose so they could steer the car. All the posted sites say get a master key from the dealer that will allow you to turn the ignition on, and then do the sequence to start the car. What I done was just remove the lock setup from a donor car....with standard coded key. Posted instructions on doing this says that after put in the last number the green key should blink five times and go off, the car is then ready to crank. Mine just continues to blink. SOOOOO, could the coded key I am using be sending a code to the ECU that is overriding putting in the e brake code. I think the master key called for may not be putting out any code......any thoughts.....
Old 01-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: E brake code not working.....

Can anyone point me where I learn how putting in the brake code actually works. My local dealership was of no help at all. I mean they did give the code based on my vin, but could not tell me how it is supposed to work. Like, is the code sent to the ECU thru a sensor in the hydraulic brake system or thru electrical signals from the brake light switch. They were telling me that some cars are done thru the emergency brake cable.....that would mean thru the on/off switch to the light on the dash. Now on the brake lines you have several sensors that could be used or is it something standing alone. Was hoping they had a service tech I could have spoken with.....but nobody knew.