Bad immobilizer - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Bad immobilizer

Old 11-23-2018, 01:00 AM
Trial User

Default Bad immobilizer

Hello I have a very early 06 built I 08-05 civic ex. That has had a surge and kicked out the immobilizer there is tsb on this . being a early build Honda tells me that 4 components need to be changed costing more than the car is worth. I'm driving it with brake code. Wondering if anyone knows how to get fuel pump to operate on its own or how to rig up something easier than the brake code rigamorale. Or bypass the immobilizer all together. I realize that nothing will be shared over the forum that would help thieves. Thanks
Old 12-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Bad immobilizer

Where did you get the brake code? I have an issue with my Civic. After the battery went dead there is a flashing green key on the dash blinking all the time and the car doesn't start anymore. Installed a new battery but it seems the immobilizer doesn't work/accept the key anymore. I need a code to start it and get it to the dealer to fix it, but avoid towing it to minimize the costs.
Tks
Old 12-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Bad immobilizer

Originally Posted by nekinaru View Post
Where did you get the brake code? I have an issue with my Civic. After the battery went dead there is a flashing green key on the dash blinking all the time and the car doesn't start anymore. Installed a new battery but it seems the immobilizer doesn't work/accept the key anymore. I need a code to start it and get it to the dealer to fix it, but avoid towing it to minimize the costs.
Tks
The immobilizer brake code would be obtained from the dealer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: