Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2009 Honda Accord hesistates when starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Honda Accord hesistates when starting

My husband drives our 2009 Honda Accord 4cylinder. Back in June the car died when he was at a gas station one day and we had my brother install a new starter that we bought new. Then in July he was rear ended. The car was drive able at the time but 3 days later it started running rough and really slow realized the muffler had been dislodged in the accident and assumed that was the cause. The car went into the shop for repairs and we got it back in August. When picking up they said that they repaired the muffler and did the body work but the check engine light was still on and still wouldn't driver over 30mph. They said whatever it is had nothing to do with the accident and sent us to Honda. So took it in there and the codes showed cylinders misfiring. They said it needed a valve adjustment and spark plugs. I let them do the valve adjustment and had my brother install the spark plugs that I bought new. The car was running good for about a week when it started hesitating when trying to start it and the check engine light came back on. Take it to Honda this time its a Crankshaft position sensor code that came on. After diagnosing they determined it wasn't the battery or anything but the sensor needed to be replaced. So we replaced that. Take it home and within a week the car and is hesitating when trying to start again and the check engine light comes back on. Again it is the Crankshaft position sensor code. This time they replace the wire harness saying there was some corrosion when replacing sensor but they just cleaned it but maybe the corrosion was in the wire. Take it back home and within a day the car is hesitating again and check engine light comes on. Again the crankshaft position sensor code. So they had it for the past two days running tests or whatever it is they do and they just called my husband and said after dealing with techs and engineers they determine it must be the starter. We just had the starter replaced back in June before the accident even happened and had no problems. I called my brother who his work is who replaced the starter and he doesn't think it is the starter. He said the Crankshaft code shouldn't have anything to do with the starter. So now I am at a loss on what to do. I bought the starter new and had replaced. I'm not about to buy another and pay labor again to find out it wasn't the starter. I am done buying parts and labor at Honda to fix a part and find out that wasn't it. I need a POSITIVE GUARANTEE the next time I do something that is it. Cant they just shove in another starter and see if that works to absolutely determine the problem? Not just well we think it's this? Anyone specializing cars have any other idea what it could be after all the stuff we have had replaced already? Could it really be the starter? Is there a way for them to test to make sure that is it before I replace it after only 4 months?? Thanks for any help!