Notices

anyone own a ebay turbo kit??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: anyone own a ebay turbo kit??

I bought a CX racing front mount and piping kit, works perfectly!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:43 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by SkidmarkEH2
Ive got close to 20k on my ebay turbo kit with no problems. the only upgrade done is a synapse bov.
Like THAT was an upgrade...(ZING!!!)
Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know that the blinged out stainless steel SS autochrome manifolds break badly,

but im wondering if the iron-cast log style manifolds on ebay are just as bad? anybody know?
Old 12-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remember you get what you pay for. Hear alot of stories going both ways on the ebay parts. if all you want is a cheap lil turbo car and you have some mechanical know how id say go for it. make sure you go cast manifold and run a oil restrictor on the turbo. but remember these parts are cheap for a reason. the companys that made them didn't spend money on quality research and developement. they don't warranty their parts for a reason. they are simply copies of proven parts that are made for as cheap as possible. If you wanna make real reliable power then your best bet is to be patient and take the time to research what parts are reliable. may take longer but its the better route for ppl that can't afford unexpected downtime when cheap parts break.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jlowellintegra
the t3t4 turbo kits look nice and for a low price, anyone have any input?

...i know ebay sucks and you get what you pay for but i want my ls boosted!
The most prominent problems with eBay kits are with the manifold and waste gate; not that the turbos are great or anything but typically the aforementioned will go out first. Like you said, you get what you pay for. I didn't see a link to the specific kit you were looking at but I would highly suggest purchasing quality parts. You can build your own turbo kit for a decent price.

Precision 3431E Turbo: $560
Precision Intercooler: $360
Tial 38mm Wastegate: $225
Tial 50mm BOV: $220
Misc piping: $500
Log manifold: $350
$2,200

EDIT:

So, I just searched eBay for turbo kits, I'm surprised at how "cheap" all the kits are; about $500. Like I said before, in my opinion, the biggest problem with the eBay kits are the manifold and waste gate. Really, the WG is probably the most important part, if you can't control the boost pressure you are in for lots of problems.

Last edited by mechanix619; 12-26-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: edit
Old 12-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

thats why boost cut was invented. I run a ebay 38mm w.g. with no problems what so ever. holds 6lbs without any issues and a t3 super 60. I had a older ebay w.g. where the diaphragm got a tear in it due to the banjo fitting bolt being to long and rubbing on it. always check that and shave the bolt down if necessary.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've heard that the ebay intercoolers are great. havent heard one problem, and also heard the wastegates are fine with low amounts of boost if you shave the bolt down. Can't you buy the parts to rebuild the turbo too so only the housing is still ebay?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by billcass
i've heard that the ebay intercoolers are great. havent heard one problem, and also heard the wastegates are fine with low amounts of boost if you shave the bolt down. Can't you buy the parts to rebuild the turbo too so only the housing is still ebay?
why would the w.g. work for low amounts of boost and not high lol. you do realize that the higher the boost you run the less work the w.g. does. as for rebuilding a ebay turbo its a waste of time and money. if your going to do it right and spend that cash on one might as well buy a new one or buy a used Garrett.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by billcass
Most intercoolers on eBay are not true bar and plate design or they are tube and fin design. They are weaker and can balloon under high boost pressure.

Wastegates are most important under low boost.

I'd rather just buy a good turbo from the start then rebuilt a cheap one. Precision makes turbos that start at $550.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Go-autoworks

quality parts at the most competitive prices I've seen, namely their manifolds.... and guess what? They come with a lifetime warranty against cracks and defects to original purchaser, so no need to worry about shelling out more money to fix or replace, and that's IF it even breaks to begin with........... Their log manifolds are in the $200 range...
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've thought about getting a cheap car and trying one of these out, I had a friend who ran a decent boost on his integra without issue; luck of the draw most likely.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 8YourV8
Go-autoworks

quality parts at the most competitive prices I've seen, namely their manifolds.... and guess what? They come with a lifetime warranty against cracks and defects to original purchaser, so no need to worry about shelling out more money to fix or replace, and that's IF it even breaks to begin with........... Their log manifolds are in the $200 range...
nope. rld-fab.com has the best manifolds witht he best prices. $475 shipped for a ramhorn (check his thread in the forced induction sponsor marketplace on here). ive been running his ramhorn for the past 6 years so far.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Originally Posted by mike93eh2
nope. rld-fab.com has the best manifolds witht he best prices. $475 shipped for a ramhorn (check his thread in the forced induction sponsor marketplace on here). ive been running his ramhorn for the past 6 years so far.
old thread
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone reading this dust the kit themself maintained cluld last 10-30k miles, will smoke with no restrictor leak boost at the bov, wg will over heat one day, turbo will get loose quick if it didnt blow up in the first month.

I used everything but the wg and bov and ran with all the fast imports and domestics. The spool was instant feeling.

I wouldn't do it much different learn about boost and learn on the cheap so u don't *** up later with expensive parts
Old 03-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Trial User

I have a gsr with a stock type r motor in it I was planning on going on motor on my friends tell me to just three YouTube or on it and I will make 300 wheel horsepower easily but my main concern is reliability will I be saved if I threw a eBay turbo on here
Old 03-09-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

No sir. more than likely, you will not. Please check via Google other feedback from other Honda users over the last 10 years of these items. Someone stated in another thread that these kits are "hit or miss", and they are correct in saying that. If "reliability" is the ultimate word (assuming your mechanical inclination is very good), then a description like "hit or miss" is a criteria to be taken seriously, and therefore, I don't recommend it by any means.