Notices

Another catch can H22a thread(4 ports!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another catch can H22a thread(4 ports!)

Hey guys,

I have a 4 port catch can that replaces my battery (honda del sol). I was told by the manufacturer that two lines go to the valve cover (no problem, obvious) and two go behind the exhaust manifold by removing the two plugs and threading in an adapter. I have done this, but my initial concerns was that they were freeze plugs and that i would end up with coolant in my can, AAAnd now i have coolant in my can. I have used all the proper fittings to tap into these two ports as well no problem.

Which ports on an H22a block can i run these two -10 AN lines too? Am i in the right holes and have a different problem? I know the B series ports go to the back side of the block under the intake manifold, but the H's are of course different. Pictures of the proper ports would be very helpful if i did this wrong.

I have tried searching but have found very limited info on a 4 port H22a setup (only 2 ports). Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Another catch can H22a thread(4 ports!)

Not too kick you but you didn't do your homework. Not sure what your doing to the front of the block but get them out of there... that is coolant. You will need to take them off put the block plugs back in... wash all AN hose lines thoroughly to get the coolant out and the can. The ONLY way to do it on the H is on the back of the valve cover where it is baffled. If you want return it into the motor. I have mine drain back to oil pan. My Catch Can is internally baffled as well to catch anything and or make a quicker gas to liquid transition.

So to answer your question. The 4 line can more for a B series setup. Cap one of the bottom outlets off and run one to oil pan. Or simply cap the bottom 2 outlets. Your top 2 will be for your valve cover coming into the can.

Also.... you will probably need to re bleed your coolant because you gave it a leak...

Lastly you will need to probably drop your oil pan and empty all Oil out of the motor and scrub the Oil Pan clean.... Add new Oill and a new filter!!! I would then run it for 2 minutes or so then quickly dump the oil and filter again... and pray no coolant is in your oil!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks alot for the help, i had a strong feeling about this. Especially after removing the plugs. But figured the guys at bwr knew what they were talking about. Obviously they were just trying to sell me something i didn't completely need.

Really shouldn't of listened to them. A big advantage that i have is that the motor hasnt really been brought to operating temp yet so there should be no coolant in the oil. And the coolant wasnt even close to high enough to get to the valve cover lines. But ill still take the time and flush.

Ill probably just cap the two bottom ones. Im running a morosso pan and dont want to weld a new bung on it just yet. Its a big can ill see how it goes first.

I tried researching but couldnt find anything saying that this was right or wrong. Or that you cant four port an h22.

Thanks alot for the advice.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats your thoughts on just capping the ports i put in the block rather then putting the plugs back in? Only down side i can see is an increased chance of failure due to more threaded connections. Or should i be worried about cracking the fittings due to heat?
Old 04-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes would put back the OEM stuff... heat does wierd things on aftermarket cheap stuff.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only other way I know of to vent the crank case on the h/f series.
https://www.kstuned.com/blogs/knowle...your-h-f-block
Old 04-03-2017, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's perfect. Thanks so much. Not sure how i didny find that searching.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Even with the baffle in the valve cover, wouldn't it be better to put the ports on the radiator side?
Thinking that during a pull, the oil sloshes towards the firewall introducing more oil to the catch can than if the ports were on the other side.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not about how much oil can put in the can but just a ventillation in pressure. Back is where it is always at on the H.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine ported on the back of the valve cover above the baffle. They will both work, but I chose the back.