Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: ***The Official JRSC Thread

Originally Posted by mrchris1979
Can someone tell me how much the MVM stepper pulley is from Motorvations? Just curious before I call them this week. Not having much luck finding a used B20 crank pulley so either I go with the MVM pulley or a new OEM B20 pulley. Planning to boost 9-10psi.
I paid $188 shipped with a new belt I bought mine in January
Old 06-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you look through the thread veris had a copy of the mvm stepper made my a texas company with a lip on the edges of the pulley so the belt cant slip off. it was much cheaper. I think it was under $100. they should be able to make more since they should still have the specs
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

or u can buy mine since im retiring from the jrsc
Old 06-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much?
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

shoot me a price and maybe ill go take it off right now
Old 06-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by [eg6]
shoot me a price and maybe ill go take it off right now
What do they usually go for used?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good question neone know how much the mvm stepper goes for used ive only had my setup running about two weeks
Old 06-07-2009, 11:26 PM

Dang $188 for the MVM stepper pulley and belt! Well considering a new OEM B20 crank pulley is $135 plus I will need the double alternator pulley from Moss ($70) to complete my JRSC kit, the MVM is slightly cheaper. I looked at FTL's page and noticed with a 4.0" nose pulley, the CRV pulley does make slightly more boost than the MVM pulley. Hmm, choices, choices.

Last edited by mrchris1979; 06-07-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just bought a 94-01 B18c1 used kit that is missing some stuff if you have have any of this stuff that you are trying to sell send me a pm please

988-100 Upper Belt Tensioner Assembly

988-101 Lower Belt Tensioner Assembly

051-922 Super Charger Support Brace

988-043 Super Charger Support Bracket Assembly

051-146 Adapter Fuel Regulator

Last edited by shadohc; 06-08-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 AM

^^^^^^^
Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BR0KENB20
well i just received my jrsc... i went from a turbo b20 vetc on methanol injection to jrsc. So i will definately be puting my methanol inj on this too. I dont do boost w/o meth injection... i will keep ya posted.
what kind do you use?? I might also pick one up for the short term till i lht my manifold. I have been looking at the cooling mist kit. Do you guys spray it pre-throttlebody or into the manifold itself??? I have been thinking about doing this as I am the guy who has a moded car but never races,lol. I plan on throwing the jr on there at like 9psi with some meth/water injection as ill probably get on it once a month or so,lol. Its going on very soon though finishing up my sri box that I am making.

Also do you guys think it will be better to have a intake in an open box or in and enclosed like the comptech. I am not sure which one will be best.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

shadohc- I have a gsr jrsc setup that I *might * be parting out, I'll lyk. How soon do you need the stuff? If I do end up parting that kit it may not be for another few weeks or so, gotta see what happens with my swap

mrchris1979- I think I might have a spare 3.8 nose pulley around the shop somewhere, I can dig it up if it would help you out
Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CRVRX
The Picture shown is very similar to our Design, When you see the pics you will see . Ours uses a Burn Merge collector, perfectly balanced runners. When we R+D ed every header I could get may hands was when I decided play with my own design which killed every header we tested.But it just cost us too much to build and we ended up selling them for what it cost to build.
Now we buy at much higher volume, we have more welders and quite frankly got better and faster at building.

The "S" tube will be priced at $325 ( Used to be $425

The Stainless header is $845 ( Used to be $995) Dyno comming in the next couple of days....

The new Intercooler price is $795 ( Used to be $895) This is the new higher flow design

Turn around time is 10 days or less.

Again for Honda-tech member we will do our best to package parts together and save even more money
I have a question about ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What exactly will I need to get the LHT setup ? (I'm not looking for header atm)
Will I need the "S" tube?
or just the "New Intercooler" setup0 = $795?

(Or is it recommended to do the "S" tube while everything is apart?)

please help me understand... I'm trying to price things out..
Thanks in advanced.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jfruauff..
on my turbo set up i ran it on the intake..i use a snow performance kit
Old 06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_integsr
I have a question about ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What exactly will I need to get the LHT setup ? (I'm not looking for header atm)
Will I need the "S" tube?
or just the "New Intercooler" setup0 = $795?

(Or is it recommended to do the "S" tube while everything is apart?)

please help me understand... I'm trying to price things out..
Thanks in advanced.
I have the LHT and I am running the stock gsr s tube and throttle body. I had some issues and was unable to get my s tube and throtle body to lht in time as I needed to get the car back together in somewhat of a hurry .If I were you I would at least do the lht intercooler $795 and street heat exchange kit $395 I think and have them port your stock s tube I think they do it free when you purchase the intercooler mod. You could also purchase their throttle body for $229 or I think they can port your stock one pretty inexpensively .It depends on your budget as far as this goes I guess if you have the money I would do the lht s tube the t/b . I will be doing both in the fall when I am not so pressed for time like I was a few weeks ago . They had a big car show in town this past weekend lots of cars in town and I wanted to be up and running and boy was I ever lets just say my superchared gsr hatch had a real good weekend !! What fun I love the jrsc and the lht intercooler is just plain awesome best money you can spend on a jrsc car in my opinion !

Last edited by nextproject97; 06-08-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Here's my WTB thread if you guys have anything for the JRSC to sell. http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=2585205 figure I might as well see what anyone has to offer before I buy new parts.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:45 PM

so i have had a few turbo hondas before and i now have a 4 door gsr powered integra with a JRSC on it.im having some issues. The motor runs fine and i havnt had any bad sounds or indications there is something wrong with the motor but it definetly doesnt have that blower sound to it. I have a boost gauge and it is boosting around 6lbs at full throttle. Again i am new to SC but i always was understanding that they are instant boost rather than waiting for the compresser to spin like turbos. no check engine lights or anything so i am wondering if i have a seal problem and since i am new to the SC world i dont know where to begin. I realize i could take it to a shop and have them rip it to pieces and go broke trying to diagnose but i figured i would ask and see if anyone has any ideas where i could go with this.

current setup
2001 GSR
JRSC
440rc
dc full all the way back
Old 06-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A good point to mention.... I see a lot of talk about people wanting to run the CRV crank pulley as a quick and dirty method of increasing boost. Please remember depending on your chassis you may end up hitting the radius rod with that pulley. I can't run the CRV crank on my CRX with Full Race traction bars. Actually even my ITR crank pulley slightly rubs on certain tracks.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nextproject97
I have the LHT and I am running the stock gsr s tube and throttle body. I had some issues and was unable to get my s tube and throtle body to lht in time as I needed to get the car back together in somewhat of a hurry .If I were you I would at least do the lht intercooler $795 and street heat exchange kit $395 I think and have them port your stock s tube I think they do it free when you purchase the intercooler mod. You could also purchase their throttle body for $229 or I think they can port your stock one pretty inexpensively .It depends on your budget as far as this goes I guess if you have the money I would do the lht s tube the t/b . I will be doing both in the fall when I am not so pressed for time like I was a few weeks ago . They had a big car show in town this past weekend lots of cars in town and I wanted to be up and running and boy was I ever lets just say my superchared gsr hatch had a real good weekend !! What fun I love the jrsc and the lht intercooler is just plain awesome best money you can spend on a jrsc car in my opinion !
I'm just trying to figure out the total of how much I would expect to spend. I appreciate your help... $795 + $395 (most important), and if I have the extra cash I'll get the S-Tube... everything else, i'll buy slowly..
Thanks for the response...
Old 06-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jadkar
A good point to mention.... I see a lot of talk about people wanting to run the CRV crank pulley as a quick and dirty method of increasing boost. Please remember depending on your chassis you may end up hitting the radius rod with that pulley. I can't run the CRV crank on my CRX with Full Race traction bars. Actually even my ITR crank pulley slightly rubs on certain tracks.
thats something good to know... I have a b18c5 and recently bought the crv crank pulley.. maybe I should sell it and keep my stock crank pulley and just upgrade my SC nose pulley...? (ofcourse, once I get lht) I have the stock SC nose pulley, where do I get an upgrade? to run with the MVM pulley ?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ how much for the crv crank pulley...

Also what comes stock with a jrsc kit as I have a 4.0 if you have a 4.2 and want smaller... I been looking to use either a ls with a 4.0 or a b20 with a 4.2... But I cant find a 4.2 and dont want to spend 100 bucks on onesince it will cut into my lht money...
Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats something good to know... I have a b18c5 and recently bought the crv crank pulley.. maybe I should sell it and keep my stock crank pulley and just upgrade my SC nose pulley...? (ofcourse, once I get lht) I have the stock SC nose pulley, where do I get an upgrade? to run with the MVM pulley ?
I run a ITR crank, Endyn stepper, and 3.4 nose pulley. This gives me on a 2.05 liter LHT build a safe 9.5 psi without overspinning the blower horribly. http://www.ftlracing.com is the best resource that I know of for checking blower pulley configurations with the effect on blower speed versus psi. The nose pulleys can be bought from Moss or just ask around here.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just to make sure...
this would apply to me...?

1595 (B16A) SIR(crank) YES(stepper) 3.8"(Nose, when I get it) 12.8 (PSI) 13478 (Blwr RPM)

if not which one should I look at if I'm planning on running: 1.8
(b18c) Type R(crank) YES(Stepper) 3.8"(Nose, when I get it) ?

thanks in advanced...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just to make sure...
this would apply to me...?

1595 (B16A) SIR(crank) YES(stepper) 3.8"(Nose, when I get it) 12.8 (PSI) 13478 (Blwr RPM)

if not which one should I look at if I'm planning on running: 1.8
(b18c) Type R(crank) YES(Stepper) 3.8"(Nose, when I get it) ?

thanks in advanced...
I'm not sure if you looked at Veris's spreadsheet already and are just trying to confirm. However without even looking at the data I can suggest the following.

-Don't run 12+ PSI unless you have a LHT
-You won't be able to run 12+ if you have a LHT & 1.8 unless you use a CRV crank which personally I wouldn't (and can't)
-If you run a CRV crank, stepper, 3.8 nose will be over spinning the S#$t out of your blower.
-I would suggest my setup, ITR crank, stepper, 3.4 nose on a 1.8 it should get you about 10.5 without LHT or around 10 with a LHT (give or take)
Old 06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Jadkar, yes I looked at Veris website, thats where I grabbed the "1595 (B16A) SIR(crank) YES(stepper) 3.8"(Nose, when I get it) 12.8 (PSI) 13478 (Blwr RPM)".... I just wanted confirmation since I noticed there wasn't a b18c5, so I wasn't sure which one would be the correct one for my application...

I'm just looking for the information at the moment, you've already told me several pages back that running too much boost without the LHT would be deadly... (high iat = not good)
I'm taking your suggestions on staying away from the crv crank and sticking with my stock one (type r)... I will soon be calling Moss to see how much the 3.4 nose will cost...
I already have a price for the LHT (795 + 395 cooler..? and if I want to get the "S"-Tube done...)
I already have the MVM Stepper.
I'm just pricing things out for near future... I'm not planning on upgrading anything atm... 7psi is more than enough.... rather be safe and wait for LHT.

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***