Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Tuning With Chrome/ New Tuner Needs Advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning With Chrome/ New Tuner Needs Advice.

Hello all, new tuner here. Car used is a 94 EG Civic Coupe. ECU is a P28 with an ostrich 2.0 chip. Only program I have come close to getting it to run on was Chrome 1.5. So I have an P28 ECU, Ostrich 2.0 chip and the Chrome 1.5 program. Where do I start with learning to tune on this set up, I am a budget builder because I am too broke and have a crap job to get any nice things. So back to this tuning process, where can I go or what can I do to learn about the P28, the ostrich chip, etc. My main goal right now is on this civic it has the B18B1 with an LS non vtec head. The ecu is tuned for a vtec head. I'm trying to get it unturned from that tune, and get it tuned to run on this non vtec head, also we want to put a 2 step on it and really I just want to learn this ecu and become able to manage everything I can. I know its going to be a timely process, and I wont learn over night but I've described what im trying to do and now I just need some advice, help, etc anything helps. Thanks for reading this and I hope to hear back from someone soon! Thanks!
Old 05-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tuning With Chrome/ New Tuner Needs Advice.

Using the Moates accessories should be pretty well documented on the Moates website as far as setup.

As far as tuning.....this takes practice and your best bet is to work on a motor that is expendable incase you torch the thing in practice.

Read as much as you can.....AEM made a really good introductory article/write-up and even though your not using an AEM standalone the tuning practice is the same concepts/techniques..... I would read everything in this and then read Vegas Invasions Crome tuning write-up as well.

Here's the AEM write-up that I copied to my NAS along time ago since the link to this reffer is no longer working that I've placed on my Google Drive for public viewing

AEM Tuning tutorial-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3...it?usp=sharing
(click "File" then select "Download" to download)

Gravity Imports Crome tuning tutorial-http://www.gravityimports.com/CROME_v1.6.x_Manual.pdf
Old 05-25-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm Huge In Japan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Crome tuning manual is in my signature.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you guys for the replies ive just finished downloading them and will get to reading asap. Much appreciation once again!