Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Smanager fuel map units

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smanager fuel map units

Hi All,

I am trying to create a base map for my b18b integra which is using a haltech, what i have is a stock b18b rom with fuel and ignition maps. The ignition map was very simple to tranfer to the haltech but the fuel i am not even sure how at this stage because the units in smanager dont make any sense to me and the units i need to get out of the map to transfer to the haltech are inj firing time in m/s, is there any way to get those numbers from smanager?

I tried using sensor overlay but was an epic fail it shows blank on all cells.

with the haltech i have been able to get the car to fire and run as but it falls on its face at wot because the fuel map i have in there is a very rough guess.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 01-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: Smanager fuel map units

Different engine management companies use an internal algorithm to decipher the numeric value found in the fuel tables... so people cannot do EXACTLY what you are doing. Why don't you simply use your Haltech and a wideband O2 sensor to make some broad stroke adjustments and then get the car to a tuner with a dyno ???
Old 01-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not really sure how that helps? i simply asked if there is a way to work out injector m/s from the honda standard units used in the fuel map for me to create a basemap to start with.

If you don't like what is being done here then you don't have to look or post, this forum is rich with other threads.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Wow, so because you don't like my answer... you think I am attacking or judging you ???

In case you haven't noticed... I am the ONLY person so far attempting to help you. The answer is NO, you cannot use the numerical units in the table because there is a proprietary algorithm working in the background to convert the weird number you see in any given cell in the fuel table to a specific amount of time in milliseconds for the fuel injector pulse. As I said above, many engine management companies use these background systems to mask the true values so that they cannot be copied by other manufacturers or consumers. If you had values that you felt good about in the fuel tables of your Haltech system, you could compare them with the Hondata maps and get a general idea as to how the numbers get created, however, since you do not believe that the basemap that you have now is effective, this line of thinking in comparing tables isn't useful to you at this time.

It is never recommended to run an engine at WOT with a tune that is suspect at best... dangerous at worst. So again, I recommend you make some observations with a wideband O2 sensor as to how the engine runs at idle, light and medium throttle input with the fuel map you have now... make some broad stroke changes to get you in the ballpark... and then take the car to a tuner to safely complete the WOT tuning and touch up the part throttle tuning.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello,
fuel units on hondata are an arbitrary value that means high number = more fuel. It isn't microseconds, or miliseconds, neither VE.

Start from the scratch tuning the fuel map that you have available on haltech's software. Start tuning cranking fuel, then idle, then cruising and then WOT. The tuner's background experience will help you dialing out the fuel map pretty fast.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It wasn't your answer that i took offense to but how you answered, the entire car community is about taking something and improve on it and thats been the ecu cracking community since day dot otherwise we would not have the likes of hondata, ecuflash etc etc.

i have been tuniung for a while i know what is involved in the tuning process, i was trying to make my life easier to build a base map rather than actually start from scratch.

where there is a will there is a way, the way i see it if i get a log file and then load that in smanager along with my map used to get the log file, set INJ as the sensor overlay for user defined hit Shift + F7, then from that work out what each cell unit represents based on the overlay then take into account fuel compensation values, bit of work but isn't impossible.

Anywho thanks for your help.