Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

How hard would it be to install alarm and add power door locks on a 96 EK???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard would it be to install alarm and add power door locks on a 96 EK???

i have a matrix rsx 3.5 alarm and i want to install it on my ek im debating to either have the shop to do it cause i want to install power door locks. how hard would it be to install and what else would i need besides the door actuators and the alarm system. o by the way i want to install autostart as well. pls give me any info you can thanks
Old 03-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How hard would it be to install alarm and add power door locks on a 96 EK??? (RaceMyHatchBack)

door locks are easy, simple negative trigger (use the green & blue wires in the lock harness on the 3.5), if my memory serves me correctly, it's a green/white(lock) and green/orange(unlock) in the driver's kick panel, OR you can grab it at the OEM alarm connector which is a light green plug behind the radio and if you use that harness, you'll also find a blue/yellow which is driver's door only unlock, also called priority unlock. That said, keyless is easy to add to your car, provided of course it has power locks. I would, however always recommend security products be professionally installed unless you're 100% confident with what you're doing. One small mistake, wiring error or forgetting to diode-isolate something can cause problems and headaches.

As for the remote start portion of the install..if your car is an automatic transmission, then doing it is just a couple more wires than security...easy. If it's a manual transmission, I recommend against it at all costs, and I would avoid any shop that's willing to do so either. It's just too much of a risk, too much liability involved since you have to defeat the clutch interlock and leave the car parked in neutral. That said, it's just my professional opinion, and you're free to do what you want...

cheers.