stock sleeves.
.50 over pr3 pistons
stock rods arp rod bolts
acl bearings

ctr head
supertech dvs tit ret.
blox hsl cams
g/e cam gears

well my boss said hes willing to go ahead and pay for my machine work and just take it a little each week out of my check. he mentioned i should mill it and get some more compression. tho im already running alot one of the compression calculators say like 12.5:1 and other i thik 13:1. now its def not a daily driver. and running 93 octane wich is pretty much pushing limits of it with 12.5:1 and beyond but it will be tuned befor we drive it at all. but anyone think i should worry about getting it milled anymore. ima get it resurfaced non the less. trying to hit 12s on motor. then we're gonna spray it further down the line.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: milling head/ block ls/vtec (skoodles2k6)

as of right now motor setup would be a safe setup many people done builds like it is now and never had problems with having to clay the motor.

i wouldnt want to mill it to the point that i would have to worry bout getting it clayed but i can have the machine shop clay it for me if i need to.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 AM

i decided im not gonna mill anything just get the block resurfaced and the head resurfaced too.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM

When they resurface the head dont they mill it a little bit just to make sure its all flat and even?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: (b20beast978)

yeah you could consider that milling it but its not much when all they are doing is redecking it. but it wouldnt be enough to start bumping the compression up.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skoodles2k6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skoodles2k6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah you could consider that milling it but its not much when all they are doing is redecking it. but it wouldnt be enough to start bumping the compression up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't mill the head. and its resurfacing the head which takes off a very minimal amount just to get a perfectly flat even surface. milling the head does increase compression but brings the head closer to the block, running big cams or such will result in valves hitting the piston and that is not good!! leave the head with just a resurface and the block with just being decked to insure an even surface. then i recommend having the cams degreed to be safe and to get the most out of them. depending on what kind of car you are putting it in it should hit 12's in a crx or 92-95 cx hatch.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: (h22crxpwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22crxpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

don't mill the head. and its resurfacing the head which takes off a very minimal amount just to get a perfectly flat even surface. milling the head does increase compression but brings the head closer to the block, running big cams or such will result in valves hitting the piston and that is not good!! leave the head with just a resurface and the block with just being decked to insure an even surface. then i recommend having the cams degreed to be safe and to get the most out of them. depending on what kind of car you are putting it in it should hit 12's in a crx or 92-95 cx hatch. </TD></TR></TABLE>

block and head go to the shop on monday. im not getting anything milled. as far as the cam setting and such i will be taking my car out to inline-racing in Houston, Texas to get it tuned. its going in a 91 ef hatch base model, no pwr steering, no power anything, pretty stripped. with a b16 tranny and a welded diff i think it should do pretty good on the track. Ben talking to my friends about making my own traction bar setup. so it shold run pretty hard for my first honda build.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welded diff and street driving do not go together
Old 09-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: (4g hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4g hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welded diff and street driving do not go together</TD></TR></TABLE>
done ben there with the welded diff. this is far from an everyday driver. more like the weekend callout. but right now the diff is the least of my worries. good news is the block and head goes into the shop Monday.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skoodles2k6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
done ben there with the welded diff. this is far from an everyday driver. more like the weekend callout. but right now the diff is the least of my worries. good news is the block and head goes into the shop Monday. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you arent driving it everyday a welded diff and it's not that bad to drive on the street besides chirping around all the corners!!. i also have one on my H. sounds like it should be a fun build! good luck!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM

WOOT WOOT motor is finally in the shop.

Blocks getting, bored, honed, linebored, resurface the deck, hottanked,
crank is getting polished with all new tri-metal ACL bearings

Heads gonna get the dower pins drilled to fit the other side
oil hole blocked off thats next to the new dowel
get head gasket drilled to fit for the new dowel
Supertech dvs and retainers installed
and resurfaced.
hes going to re polish my cams wit his cam polisher to get a few of the pits out.

said he could start on it by the end of the week and go from there.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:48 PM

sad thing is i started looking at my old threads and looked at the date i posted that my motor went into the shop looks like 10/1 I just got it back from the machine shop yesterday. 12/15 so bout 2 and a half months id say that they had my block and head. But believe it or not my machine work was FREE was kinda machine shop doing a favor for my boss cause after the hurricane Rita blew down our machine shop we sold all of our machining equipment to them and became a just a mechanic shop. So all im waiting on are my bearings and my arp head bolts to come in and i can get started on it.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 AM

good luck on the build bro!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: (b20beast978)

thanks my acl bearings should be in tomarow morning so ill have something to get started with. still no head studs yet bearings going to set me back a lil more than expected but ohwell gotta do what i gotta do.