Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

E-manage Vs Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-manage Vs Hondata

My options are open. E-manage i can get for cheap and can get it tuned for free by a friend who owns a stand at a motor show.
Hondata will be expensive to buy and tune.
I don't know much about the e-manage though, with a good tuner are the results capable of matching hondata?
What exactly does the emanage sytem consist of?
Old 06-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: E-manage Vs Hondata (Redsun)

Old 06-04-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

emanage is a piggy back, so your limited to what u can do, but its a great piggy back unit imo. hondata ucan obviosuly do more. its really up to what motor setup ur gonna be using it on. if its not tooo extreme an emanage can handle it fine and save you money.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eddiebx)

Gepending on wether or not you go fullboat Hondata is cheaper than E-manage and worlds better.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Please see sig for what i'm gonna be using it for and i'm trying to make some improvements on this -
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1261832

The emanage will cost me 150 and i will get it tuned for free. Hondata will be around 200? and will have to spend more on tuning.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Redsun)

yo red,

It all depends on your tunner capabilities with the given unit. If the tunner knows hondata really well and feels comfortable with it...the hondata should be your choice or visversa. Futhermore, you should keep in mind that hondata is a superior unit.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Chillinit)

Trash hondata & emanage. Look into crome or uberdata
Old 06-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mtber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Trash hondata & emanage. Look into crome or uberdata </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know these systems are great and all but this person had a very specific question of Hondata vs Emanage. CROME and UBERDATA are great if you want to mess with stuff yourself but maybe he wants something headache free, which i say FOR SURE uberdata is not. Hassle free=hondata.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LsVtec92Hatch)

The nice thing about uberdata is that it is free, getting a chipped p28 is a whole different story but for about $100 its not too bad.

Basically if you dont have the money go with uberdata, if you do go with hondata.

They both get my
Old 06-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LsVtec92Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LsVtec92Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
this person had a very specific question of Hondata vs Emanage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for that bro. I have searched around and was considering Uberdata long time before. I have a kenji chipped P06 already and uberdata is alot cheaper but i need chip burner, someone to map it etc. Although it's good to hear recommendations from people my question was regarding the E-manage and hondata.
I have decided for E-manage, because of cost issues and the person who built my engine is gonna tune it for free with e-manage. Although Hondata seems to be superior, i'm still convinced that there still ain't many experienced tuners who can gain best results from it (even the authorised dealers) in this country.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: (Redsun)

From the wiki:

Piggy Back controllers allow stock ECUs to do things that they normally can't do, like run larger injectors or deal with boost. Remember that piggyback controllers work by altering sensor signals before they get to the ECU.

Most of the time, the primary signal being messed with is the Map Sensor. This is critically important in a Speed Density car. The Map Sensor is used by the ECU to guess how much air is going into the car, and therefore how much fuel to supply in order to match airflow. When you "lean" out a car with an AFC, you are simply decreasing the Map Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the decrease in manifold pressure by supplying less fuel. When you "richen" a car with an AFC, you are simply increasing the Map Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the increase in manifold pressure by supplying less fuel.

The change in fueling happens for a reason: if you look at a fuel table, Map Sensor values correspond with columns. When you increase or decrease the signal from the Map Sensor, you are simply making the ECU use a different column than it originally would have used. (see Understanding Maps if you need some help understanding reading Fuel and Ign tables)

But wait, isn't the Map Sensor used for determining ignition requirements too? When you "lean" out a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood advanced timing. When you "richen" a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood retarded timing. Look at trends horizontally (as MAP changes) in an ignition table, and you will see why this happens. This helps explain why so many boosted cars running on the "AFC hack" have issues due to excessive ignition advance.

The bottom line: Piggy Back Controllers suck because you cannot independently adjust fuel and ignition. Any changes to fueling will produce a change in ignition too, and often this is undesirable.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">running on the "AFC hack" have issues due to excessive ignition advance.

The bottom line: Piggy Back Controllers suck because you cannot independently adjust fuel and ignition. Any changes to fueling will produce a change in ignition too, and often this is undesirable. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Given what you have stated, aren't there correction factors within these so called "piggy back" that allow you to rectify this problem????? I'm not a tuner, however there has to be a function that allows you some flexibility otherwise the these piggy back would be blowing **** up left right and center......
Old 06-15-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: (Chillinit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chillinit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Given what you have stated, aren't there correction factors within these so called "piggy back" that allow you to rectify this problem????? I'm not a tuner, however there has to be a function that allows you some flexibility otherwise the these piggy back would be blowing **** up left right and center...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

The information posted was from pgmfi.org
Would I run a vafc or emanage on any of my vehicles ?
No. Especially due to the fact that you can run a chipped obd1 ecu for less money & get a better result.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can buy an optional ignition harness to control ignition with emanage.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:54 AM

The emanage can independently adjust ignition and fuel. There are separate harnesses for both the injectors and ignition. It's still a piggyback, but it's a pretty good piggyback. It's not just altering your MAP sensor.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From the wiki:

Piggy Back controllers allow stock ECUs to do things that they normally can't do, like run larger injectors or deal with boost. Remember that piggyback controllers work by altering sensor signals before they get to the ECU.

Most of the time, the primary signal being messed with is the Map Sensor. This is critically important in a Speed Density car. The Map Sensor is used by the ECU to guess how much air is going into the car, and therefore how much fuel to supply in order to match airflow. When you "lean" out a car with an AFC, you are simply decreasing the Map Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the decrease in manifold pressure by supplying less fuel. When you "richen" a car with an AFC, you are simply increasing the Map Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the increase in manifold pressure by supplying less fuel.

The change in fueling happens for a reason: if you look at a fuel table, Map Sensor values correspond with columns. When you increase or decrease the signal from the Map Sensor, you are simply making the ECU use a different column than it originally would have used. (see Understanding Maps if you need some help understanding reading Fuel and Ign tables)

But wait, isn't the Map Sensor used for determining ignition requirements too? When you "lean" out a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood advanced timing. When you "richen" a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood retarded timing. Look at trends horizontally (as MAP changes) in an ignition table, and you will see why this happens. This helps explain why so many boosted cars running on the "AFC hack" have issues due to excessive ignition advance.

The bottom line: Piggy Back Controllers suck because you cannot independently adjust fuel and ignition. Any changes to fueling will produce a change in ignition too, and often this is undesirable. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-16-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: (AP-Signworks1)

Thats nice, I still think greddy's kits & management systems need work.