Problem with left Front door switches - Honda-Tech

Problem with left Front door switches

Old 01-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
Trial User

Default Problem with left Front door switches

I just bought a use 98 Acura 3.5RL, The master window switch only works the left front window, door lock button doesn't work, Trunk release button doesn't work, & the security light by the lock rod does not light up when I lock the door from the out side. The place I bought the car gave me the valet key (I found this out by looking in the owner's manual I found in the glove box, Black for master key grey for valet, & a red for coding. I got the grey key). I can't find an emergency trunk release to get into the trunk if I have a flat. I have worked for car dealership as a mechanic on GM products mostly so I know how to fix most things but knowing what controls send power to those switches on this car I am kind of lost. Not sure if there is a door control module that sends power to those switches & would send signals to the other doors to operate those windows & door locks. All the window work fine from their switches on the doors & the door lock buttons work on the other doors as well, I even tried to move the trunk switch in the glove box to get the trunk release to work but no luck. How can I get a new master key if the place I bough this car doesn't have it?
Wayne Muller is offline   Reply With Quote