Notices
Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

EVAP and EGR Not Ready

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP and EGR Not Ready

I have a '98 Acura TL, and I have taken it to the smog station several times in the past two months, but it keeps showing the EVAP and EGR monitors are not ready, or incomplete. Nobody can tell me why. I replaced the gas cap, and still EVAP is not ready. I drove it for two months, which should have put plenty of driving time on it. I did purchase a battery from WalMart about a year ago, due to Costco being out of all car batteries at the time I needed one. The whole town was out! So I was reduced to buying one from WalMart. And the one I had to purchase was not the recommended size for my vehicle. It is actually too small, but has worked fine, up until this point. Lately I have not been able to start my car, on two occasions and had to get out and fiddle with the battery to get it started. Could this be the cause? I'd hate to replace the battery right now and reset the system and have to wait all over again, but then, nothing's happening now. Also, the car has a turbo thingy in the air intake to allow more air flow, could this cause the prob? I took my car to a mechanic and they had it for 3 days, and wrecked my front end, got engine grease all over my new floor mats, etc. I'm wondering if they didn't disconnect something? They replaced my power steering pump and supposedly reuilt my rack, and put the wrong size boots on, they're too big, when all it needed was an alignment after the power steering pump was replaced. I can't find a decent mechanic. My car was fine, till they touched it.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: EVAP and EGR Not Ready

Mechanics Files | Car Talk

depending on your location yelp may also prove useful.