Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

**HELP PLEASE** Business Deal Gone HORRIBLY Wrong (w/ JjuuN R)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **HELP PLEASE** Business Deal Gone HORRIBLY Wrong (w/ JjuuN R)

Late May-2011 Update

Thanks to the communities for bringing this to light and seeing it for what it really is. For all who are still looking for excuses to back Cory up, accept the fact that he is a lowlife POS scammer and this chicken **** has run into permanent hiding with his last cowardly post. I'll post some other items of interest that have slipped through the cracks.

Back just before Christmas-2010, a user named Chicago Type R on Honda-Tech pm'd me and reveiled a few things. First, the MF10's I had been trying to purchase were actually his, due to the fact that he traded his Panasport rims for them. He made the mistake of sending his rims first. These are probably the same gold Panasports that were in one of Cory's magazine/photo shoot features about 3 years ago. The user sent this link below in his PM to me. Not a very detailed or backed-up cry for help, but very believable now that we know the real Cory. To me this is plain fact, you can take it for what it is. Is anything he owns obtained legitly?
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=12

I have also learned through various sources that a FEW WEEKS after Cory received my cheque, he went on to sell the set of MF10's w/ same rubber (which was very dated at the time so likely the same set in question) for $1500 to a local buyer saying 'his wife was mad at his crowded garage'; probably full of stolen parts. He seemed to be trying to unload them awfully quick instead of trying to resolve the mess with me.

This confusion over the +43 and +50 offsets is probably due to the fact that Cory had BOTH which means he had 3+ sets of MF10's and I wouldn't be surprised if that were true since he has stated he has multiple sets of them in my original post.

Youtube as well as Honda Tuning and Import Tuner magazines have been made aware of him and who knows where else people have posted links to this thread in their local forums throughout the continent. I am currently tied up due to some more urgent personal family matters and haven't had the time to follow through with authorities, however I've had some people with contacts offer help which I am working with. Hopefully by the next update I will have some great news for all, but if I dont you can all be sure to expect that I post every piece of personal info (addresses, names, papers, maps, etc) I have on this guy so the chance that somebody else gets scammed is slim.

May-2011 Update

Update has been a long time in the making. This one is quite the read.

November 2010, Cory sends me first original signed affidavit as agreed to after HT thread was locked. After I recieve it, my bank rejects it - their fault, and requests new one with their layout. Why they didn't tell me this before was because they never processed any of the copies of affidavits received beforehand.

I send new bank affidavit by email to Cory, he requests hard copies this time (didn't the first 3 times). I send them with instructions on how to fill out via regular mail and Expresspost Canada Post w Tracking confirmation of delivery.

Cory fills half of new affidavit out, sends back to me to fill in the rest. It was possible that bank could have rejected it due to 2 different sets of handwriting but they didn't. Why Cory would risk this I don't know. I received 2nd original bank affidavit in February 2011 - 3 months after request. Both affidavits are notarized by same notary public as before, an inconvenient 40 miles away from Cory's home as stated by him even though I advised he could get it done anywhere this time. More on this '40 miles' later.

Cory let's me know via email that he banks at Bank of North Las Vegas

My bank runs investigation and I receive the results 1 month later (end of March-2011). They tell me they cannot refund my money and go on to give me document from Cory's bank's financial security rep stating that Cory Williams deposited money into his personal bank account on June 17th, 2010 - it is NOT the Bank of North Las Vegas. Also, this bank he claimed to have very close ties to is not 40 miles away from his house as claimed, it is less then 4.

I email Cory April 1, 2011 that I have the results of investigation and without going into any details, he replies 3 days later. In this 3 day time span, he posts randomly and very non-chalantly on his various accounts throughout the internet - he is aware of my email and I believe he is making up a story for me.

In his reply, he confesses things that I did not mention in my email to him. To summarize, he stated in the past 3 weeks before receiving my latest email, he has begun to put some things together; that it was not him who cashed the cheque but his 'cousin' who had been staying with him for 7 months at the time. No, he didnt have the courtesy of letting me know via email even if he was telling the truth. Let's make this clear, he claims to have put this all together recently 10 months after I lose my money and only after I email him that I have the results.

He states his cousin ran off 10 days after he was supposed to receive my cheque; the results of investigation showed it was deposited into Cory's account 1 week after I mailed it - same ETA Canada Post gave me. He claims his drivers liscense and debit cards went missing around the same time too, signature forged, the whole 9 yards. He couldn't put all this together when I had emailed him for the very first time back in June? COME ON....I'd like to see a picture of Cory's 'new' liscense to see if the dates line up with his story, I'm guessing they don't.

He claimed he gave his cousin his mail box key because his cousin was expecting some mail. A few questions off the top of my head for Cory.

1. He was staying with you for 7 months and apparently opening your personal mail (you claimed he cashed my cheque) and you had no suspicions of this? He must have been opening your mail before my cheque arrived and you continued to let him?

2. Why the hell would he bring the cheque, your ID, and your debit cards to your HOME bank when he could have brought it anywhere to cash? On top of that, your signature, which I have - is not easy like you claim to forge. Your saying that he got away with using your ID and forging your signature at your own home bank - he must look a lot like you and have amazing signature copying skills.

At this point I am pissed. I tell him he need's to resolve this as I don't want to hear a damn thing about his problems. He confesses it was his estate/family/whatever who is at fault and he agrees to settle with me. He tells me my gold MF-10's are long gone/sold.

We negotiate a deal - he sends me his 17 inch Mugen MF-10's before end of April if he isn't able to sell them and I pay him the difference when the rims get to me which is something he suggested; or he pays me $2300 USD from the sale of his long list of items fs posted here and I keep quiet about everything:

fs thread
http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=23424

Notice he has changed his username to GR1P_0082R.

He posts his parts and asks me if I can help him get it on H-T without making him look suspiscious, he basically wanted me to say the situation was resolved so he wouldn't look bad for posting the items. I would have none of that.

The days pass and Cory tells me he has promising potential sales on the rims/wing/brakes and such. He emails and says he has received a down payment of $500 for his rims and that it would go up $20 a day after a week if the buyer doesn't buy them. This is the last I hear of this potential sale, I haven't seen a cent of this $500. He claims guy who wanted his wing is in Iraq and flaked. I start to suspect something fishy again.

He tells me I can expect the $2300 via paypal from his wifes account early in the week of April 25th. That day comes and Cory states the buyer of rims flaked which means he gave $500 for free to Cory. Also at the point in time, there is lots of interest in his parts from the thread. From what looks to be a sale of his brakes, he pulls them off his thread and told me he decided he wants to keep them, that their worth more then what he posted them for. He says he has received no good offers for anything. I wonder if he did this through PM with all his potential sales.

I am very hesitant at this point but give Cory more time and except his excuses. May 2nd comes and Cory does not ship me the rims, he even dodges my questions about it and mentions that now his dirt bike is for sale for dirt cheap and should have no problems selling real soon. Many people come to test ride it and love it. Did he sell it? Who the hell knows as he hasn't mentioned it to me since. He stops bumping his fs thread and admits he has stopped trying to sell anything.

The thing about the rims is Cory is in a no-lose situation. He agreed to ship me the rims, and if I can't sell it here in Toronto I will effectively buy them from him. This part angers me the most about the whole situation.

Cory then turns from the person who was very sorry and willing to fix everything to the one who threatens to call the 'internet police' on me and have all the sites I post on shut down. Lol. He threatens to get his lawyer involved to make things alot uglier for me and everyone involved. He threatens that if I say anything that I will never see a single penny from him. I took it as if your going to play that card, then I was never going to see anything from you anyways so will go about another route to getting it.

He claims I am an internet bully and that he needs more time. He again does not address the parts, bike, money or deal we had in place for the rims. All he says is the stuff is all personal to him and hard to give up. At this point, I know he is just trying to buy more time.

He then states his bank may re-imburse him for the cheque. Just another way to buy more time is how I see it. He is getting quite ridiculous in his attempts to throw me off his back and it's becoming more and more obvious at this point.
His replies become farther distanced, and I hear excuses like his mother flew him out to Vermont for the week, all expenses paid it seems. Sigh. In his last email he says to me to give him more time or not see my money; it's my choice, A or B.

Now I'm looking at advising the LVPD and his bank that I am looking to press charges. I will organize my documents/investigation results/information and emails which have been left off this thread for obvious reasons. I've already been in contact with them and have been told they will co-operate.

For the non-believers and people who vouch for Cory, I have email documentation and scans of the investiagtion results which I will save for the authorities or people I trust closely in this situation.

For those who know Cory, what may come down on him over rims/$2300 now is going to be ALOT more then what he would pay if he would just man up and settle this now. He claims he has had zero cash for the past 6 weeks to send me so I gave him another route to settle which he agree'd to then ran from. I think I was being more then reasonable to offer him this second option. Let him know it's not worth it, as I have tried and he now is out of time.

October 2010 UPDATE

Hello fellow community members. This update has been a long time in the making and I am sorry for those I left in the dark without any news. Reason I did that was because I thought it would be my best chances at resolving this mess I am in, but little did I know it really didn't matter from the get-go.

Lets move on to the issue at hand. For those who vouched for Cory by pm and afterwards in these threads, I'm sorry to say that Cory is nothing like the man you all described. I have no doubts that he was a stand-up guy in all of your eyes but when presented with this situation, he is doing exactly what a dead-beat scammer would do. This post of mine is the perfect opportunity for him to come in here and whine and cry about how he is busy/has no real need to help me/is innocent blah blah blah and I won't be surprised if he uses this as an out or disappears altogether. I sure as hell am not expecting him to come in here explaining himself. He has been making false promises and leading me on for months with nothing but headaches for anyone involved trying to help. Let me explain more in details before people start thinking I'm a b*tch for calling him out this way.

After the threads were taken down in late June by Ken (Nsxtacy on honda-tech), Ken acted as a mediator and things were looking good. Cory faxed Ken an affidavit that I sent to him made from my legal people whom Ken then faxed to me. Cory then told me he would send me the originally signed affidavit by mail, which I had specifically requested at the start and which had just been faxed. In early July, Cory stated he sent it out. 2 weeks passed with no original in the mail. It is now mid July. I let both parties (Ken and Cory) know and asked Cory to get another separate ORIGINAL signed and mailed off to Ken this time, since the first original had already been mailed/lost to me. He obliged. Shortly after he confirms that he sent a 2nd original to Ken, I receive a post from Cory. It is a photocopy of the first affidavit originally faxed. Shortly thereafter, Ken receives a same photocopy of the originally faxed affidavit. You heard right, I have 2 copies of the faxed affidavit, none of which are original (signed in ink), both of which were suppsed to be different original affidavits. Cory sent out 2 of these same copies by post even though he knew I needed originals. To this day, I don’t know what his reasoning was for this. I asked but with no answer.

Some of you may be asking now, like Ken did, why I couldn't just use the fax or one of the copies. Let me tell you, if I could, I would and I did try. My bank had put in the request on my behalf. This request was sent to the fraud/legal department of my bank. For those of you familiar with Law, original documents are fairly important. They came back to me and said the photocopies were unacceptable. Cory had questioned me many times afterwards even telling me that his own lawyer stated "Your bank telling you that you need an original is 100% giving you the run around". Cory seems to know exactly what's best for my bank. I tried telling him that 1) You lied about sending me/Ken 2 different originals and 2) What the hell does it matter to you why my bank needs an original. If that's what they need then that's what it's going to take so just help me out.

By late July, Cory cuts off all communication with me. Ken still has luck and is trying his best to get Cory to send out an original. Cory then cuts off communication with Ken sometime mid-August. I hope Ken is reading this as he can clear up any doubts anyone has or throw in a comment if I am stretching the truth, or to just put in his 2 cents. When September rolls around, I start feeling bad that I put Ken in this difficult situation and no longer ask him to try and contact Cory for me. I know for a fact Ken is fed-up. I try to contact Cory myself and to my amazement, he responds to me after over 2 months. He states that he has been extremely busy and will have time in early October (3 weeks away at this point). I bite my tongue one last time in hopes that he is telling the truth. October 5th is the last I have heard from Cory.
"90% sure I'll be able to get to the bank tomorrow." This was on a Tuesday.
I have followed up twice since then and have heard nothing. I really believe he is gone for good.

The more I think about all the little things I have caught and noticed, the more I believe Cory has my money. It’s just too perfect of a crime for Cory to be completely innocent from. I know I have no solid proof though. From what I’ve seen when things like this happen, the person being accused either
1) fights for his name to the death – clarifies the situation, keeps good communication w community and person involved, or
2) runs away for days (thinking of excuses, a la Cory) before eventually coming back to try and save face and show they are not a scammer, or
3) just disappears completely. Cory is a combination of 2 and 3.

It is not possible for a n00b like me to upstage a ‘well-established’ member in Cory w just my accusations if the community didn’t believe they were at least a bit true. Cory could have easily just let everyone know this was all a misunderstanding by keeping reasonable contact, but instead he did the opposite and has all but disappeared from posting on internet forums. FYI he had over 14k posts and was posting multiple times a day before this happened. I ask anyone who has more then a casual relationship w Cory to try and talk to him as my $2100 is in limbo and he is the only person who can help me out unfortunately. Thank you all for your time and patience and I’ll be happy to respond to any questions, pm’s, etc. Cheers all!

**Pre Cheque-Trace Update

2 NEW Links found (remove spaces after http) which is reason for update.

http ://forums.**********.com/zerothread?id=3526&page=487 Post by DAVE_B near bottom of page
https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-type-r-8/b18c5-engine-transmission-marketplace-input-needed-2593196/ Post #12

Hey guys,

I've received such overwhelming support from all over and I want to say as sincerly as I can, thanks. I will try to make this update as clear and detailed as possible while keeping it relatively short, or not. Please note that the trace has not come back to me yet. It should real soon. Grab some snacks. I`ve started to piece together some info and it is worrying me. I am going to address all concerns posted in my threads and tell you the reasons why I have to deal with Cory in this way. Again if there is ever a need for proof, I will post it. Everything I am stating, I have proof for. Cory please respond to EVERYTHING I say because that's how we're going to clear things up. We're going to start with the little things I noticed you said deeper into our pm's and emails which didn't jive with what you said the first time.

Cory, you stated that you haven't used paypal for many years. There are other personal details that I won't mention out of respect for your privacy. I then find info on the rctech forums that you potentially scammed 6 members using your email as your paypal. You tell us all that these issues were a mistake and that they have been resolved. There were no updated posts in those rctech forums provided below from the victims, which is HIGHLY unlikely. We could even go as far as trying to contact these members to see if you really did square up with them. You told me Cory that you only had 1 issue online EVER, and it wasn't even any of the ones I found. It was someone else from the UK.

You gave me a long list of people who would vouch for you. Many did, some said nothing, 1 vouched negatively. After I posted this thread, others kind of came forward and stated that they knew you had issues with this stuff, but didn't know details so they didn't get involved. More issues I find on top of the 'only' 1 you stated you stated you were involved in which was after I confronted you with the bad vouch. No use in crying over spilt milk but it would have really helped to have known all this.

You told me you had the wheels packed and ready with my USPS shipping label on them already. Can you now provide timely pics of this (by tomorrow morning)? You also stated you packed my rims in the original Mugen MF-10 boxes. I asked for pics and you said your wife had the camera, and then never provided any after I asked again. Members, I ask anyone who would know: Can 16x7 Mugen MF10 rims fit in their original boxes with 215-45-16 rubber mounted on them and shipped safely? No stretching boxes, etc. This is what Cory claimed.

The whole time leading up to the sale, you've replied very timely. Many times daily even. After I sent the cheque and by the time it should have reached you, your replies took as long as a couple of days. You weren't as punctual. I mentioned many times I would send it via regular post, which I now know was a mistake. And you want to tell me that you warned me. You had 2-3 opportunities of me mentioning it.

After I inquire about the rims fitting into the boxes, you tell me their actually 17 inch rim boxes, and that you still don't have pics. Even then, members, is this fitment possible? In you last PM at me you tell me that I better not be playing around. Well now we know that I really did send it and soon we will know when and where it was cashed.

Everyone has been asking why I sent the money the way I did. Cory said this was the only way, but it was mainly the vouches from reputable members that gave me the confidence to deal. Would I do it again after similar vouches, hell yes. I have faith in this community. Cory, you said you didn`t know how to do a direct wire transfer, or any banking related transactions involving sales. All you had to do was give me your account info. You do basic banking and have a bank account, don't you?

Your response to my own threads here was very positive and a great sign for me. However, you seem to be trying to play the good guy. I have emails of you being a lot more non-chalent where I got the impression from you of `too bad, so sad`. You denied even knowing what rctech was, and again, you claim in these threads it was a mistake you made in the past. More confessions you didnt need to lie to me about. You stated in your Las Vegas Parrots classifieds link below that you are soon moving to Germany. This was the end of May, 2010. Are you really moving?

I want to clear up the cheque for everyone. I sent it certified, meaning in Canada that it is like cash. It has been paid for;it has nothing to do with my bank account anymore; it is guarenteed to whoever it's payable to; there is no 'reversing' of funds. The protection part was that it was payable to Cory.

I am very relaxed and calm actually, just a bit stressed out. I know times are tough. I genuinely want to believe in your claims man. You have a house to pay for and more responsibilities on the way. But if you did the unthinkable, I ask that you kindly undo them. Believe me I am a very forgiving person. We do not have to go through police/investigations/online FBI reporting/banks, etc.

If you didn't do it, Im sorry that the above has me sounding like I believe you did. All thats posted above justified me to bring this issue public. I hope you don`t stay upset with me and see that I have everything to lose here. Please stay true to your word and do everything possible to clear this up with me and the community. I ask that you bring all the documents I provide to you with someone who may potentially volunteer to help me (as an added layer of security because I no longer fully trust you) to the police station and if necessary/proven, the bank that it was cashed at. Thanks, and again please respond to everything above.
If anyone in the Las Vegas area would like to help, please do because I am asking.

END of update.

Hello All,

I've recently purchased a set of 16x7 +43 Bronze Mugen MF-10's from JjuuN R for $2100 USD. Long story short (with all accompanying evidence to be provided), I sent payment on Thursday June 10th via certified check to his name and address, regular post, double enveloped (cannot see through).

Up until now, Cory has stated that he has not received the check. I've traced it through my bank and they say it's been accounted for/cashed. In the next coming days we will find out exactly where, when, and maybe by who. I'm trying to give Cory the benefit of the doubt here, as many of the members in this community have vouched for Cory. But I find it very hard to believe that a check sent out to his name and address has been intercepted by someone not knowing it was coming and who had to have had Cory's ID to cash it. However, after doing some more in-depth research, to my horror this is what I've found.

After googling 'JjuuN R scammed', I found this:

'http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-feedback/250270-beware-jjuun-r-scammer.html'

which leads to

'http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/247334-new-team-associated-lrp-proline-stuff-i-still-have-sale.html'
and
'http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/248567-does-anyone-know-how-contact-jjuun-r.html'

If you google 'jjuunpyr@hotmail.com', which is his email you will find this:

'http://www.usedgardengear.com/lasvegas/details/2-african-grey-parrots-for-sale-las-vegas-1000'

I really hope he is not moving to Germany soon. It also has his phone number that I will need soon for investigative purposes.

I will be posting all the evidence and details of this matter (traced check, pm's, emails) in the coming days and really hope that Cory become involved in this issue with me. Cory, I'm not putting any lables on you, but had to do this being in my situation. Honda-Tech, especially those living in the Las Vegas area, and Mr. Muffin Man, please help me out. It took me months to save to buy this birthday present for myself.

I have his name, address, email, phone #, and you guys. I will be needing a liason for the police, bank, and whatever else. Any advice/comments/suggestions would be great and I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.

Last edited by boy_huot; 05-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Painfully Stupid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: **HELP PLEASE** Business Deal Gone HORRIBLY Wrong (w/ JjuuN R)

This is exactly why I've never bought anything from anyone over the internet, unless it is a legitimate business. Better to do some driving and pick up what you want then to gamble sending your money through the mail like that.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a suggestion, if you want people to look at your links, dont put apostrophes before and after links. it doesnt make it easy to copy and paste, and many people will just not even bother...
Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It doesn't come up of I dont do that man...Honda-tech shortens it for some reason and they become dead links.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96ej8MR
I got a suggestion, if you want people to look at your links, dont put apostrophes before and after links. it doesnt make it easy to copy and paste, and many people will just not even bother...
those are h-t censored links
Old 06-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they arent live links anyways
Old 06-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PaulMc
This is exactly why I've never bought anything from anyone over the internet, unless it is a legitimate business. Better to do some driving and pick up what you want then to gamble sending your money through the mail like that.
Yep!! Only from people i KNOW and legit shops!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The links are blocked by the word filter. Email the links maybe?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Up to now I've bought multiple stuff on the internet abroad and from enthusiasts from this forum, ebay, local classifieds and haven't had any trouble as of yet.

I hope this issue gets solved. It's not good rep for us R owners that use this forum.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, this guys been around for a while, he better straighten this out
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm just wondering why you didn't use paypal or some other escrow service.

I know people think paypal stinks, but it's better than nothing. They usually side with the buyer in a dispute situation.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hope you find out what happen to your money! thats a lot of cash your talking about and it aint no chump change! GL cuzzin
Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Black R
I'm just wondering why you didn't use paypal or some other escrow service.

I know people think paypal stinks, but it's better than nothing. They usually side with the buyer in a dispute situation.
x2
Old 06-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I emailed you back, just know and so should everyone else I haven't received anything from him. I told him I can try to help out however I can if it will do any good, but I never received any kind of payment. After a week of not getting it I thought it was returned back to sender for some an unknown reason, seems that's not the case if his bank is saying it was cashed.

All of the links you posted were misunderstandings or faults by me, and every one of them were fixed.

You putting me on the chopping block like this is not right no matter what you think, I'm an honest person, might not be the nicest, but I'm honest, and makes me never to want to talk to you again.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's good by me no need to sweat it. I was going to buy those wheels as soon as I had money but you beat me to it.

Plus JjuunR is not going anywhere, he will be where he is at for a while, consider him like a tree, planted roots

As far as your check and this economy, people are shady and desperate. Hope everything squares out.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Curious if bank that cashed the check will be held liable for no checking ID if it so happens someone stole this and cashed it? They have to be, right?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would never mail a personal check now days. Sorry to hear about the situation. Seems like either it got intercepted by someone on route, or perhaps stolen right from the mailbox maybe. Whoever cashed the check, probably used a place that is shady to do it.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just set up a paypal account and it seems like the wisest choice/route, get one!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JjuuN R
I emailed you back, just know and so should everyone else I haven't received anything from him. I told him I can try to help out however I can if it will do any good, but I never received any kind of payment. After a week of not getting it I thought it was returned back to sender for some an unknown reason, seems that's not the case if his bank is saying it was cashed.

All of the links you posted were misunderstandings or faults by me, and every one of them were fixed.

You putting me on the chopping block like this is not right no matter what you think, I'm an honest person, might not be the nicest, but I'm honest, and makes me never to want to talk to you again.

Don't get all tough guy on the buyer. He was warranted to be concerned and also warranted to create this thread. You obviously aren't very organized considering the massive amounts of threads that were posted against you. If I were in the buyers shoes I would have done the same thing. Help him out to the best of your ability and then reconsider doing buisness w/o a major organizational overhaul.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I think too much

Sending a check is a bad idea, but you should have at least sent it certified. Hope you figure this out.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When sending a payment you should have used a tracking # as well as a signature confirmation. Then you would know when and who received it. Well the bank will tell you who cashed it then you can start from there.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you sent a personal check/bank check you will be fine. nevermind what others have told you about paypal or not sending a personal check.

all banks are fdic insured through fraud, as long as you have notified your bank of possible fraud. you sign a few paperwork stating you had nothing to do with this fraud and all your money is returned to your bank account in a week or so depending on your bank. once you get your money back, send it by certified regestered mail with signature or send him a bank certified check this way only the person named on the check along with the address can cash it and it can be much easier to trace than your personal check but both ways are secure.

but.....if you used an international postoffice moneyorder (the pink one) then it only takes someone to make a fake id and cash it at any postoffice.

paypal works but they take so long and if theres no money in the other person account your screwed. using your credit card as payment is a different story but you will loose a small processing fee for the credit card to do a charge back.

using a personal check or a bank certified check is your best bet because its fdic insured. so no worries dude.

this can still be a purchase that goes well, but both parties need to relax. and be patient.

like i said OP if you sent a personal check or used a bank certified check your money is safe give your bank some time to refund the amount back into your account, after you have notified them of fraud.

let us know what happens so others can safely use a personal check or bank check and stop depending on paypal for their so call secure payments. remember paypal is not fdic insured all they are is a money transfer company nothing more.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can't blame the buyer if you have no proof that he even received it.

Not sure why you would send $2100 w/o a tracking number, but I would follow what cxSHOE suggested.

Paypal + using a credit card = best way to buy online (you have two layers of protection)

First, you can file a claim with paypal
Second, you can file a claim with your CC company (zero liability for fraud, AMEX is particularly good in this regard)
Old 06-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by irev210
You can't blame the buyer if you have no proof that he even received it.

Not sure why you would send $2100 w/o a tracking number, but I would follow what cxSHOE suggested.

Paypal + using a credit card = best way to buy online (you have two layers of protection)

First, you can file a claim with paypal
Second, you can file a claim with your CC company (zero liability for fraud, AMEX is particularly good in this regard)
Actually Paypal is worthless for fraud.

You can do the chargeback with your CC company though. Some are less willing to do so without evidence of fraud so it can be work.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by irev210
Best advice. I hope everything works out. I've always known Cory to be a straight up individual.

Quick Reply: **HELP PLEASE** Business Deal Gone HORRIBLY Wrong (w/ JjuuN R)