Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

What's wrong with my da6 integra?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's wrong with my da6 integra?

Hey guys ,
I have an irritating problem w/my integra - Hope yall can help out a feloow teg owner - I have a constant problem with my seatbelt getting caught in the middle all the time and literally choking mye or my passenger when I open the door - it wont retract all the way and get's stuck - I have to unclip the dam thing just for it to retract - I heard seatbelts are covered lifetime through other HT posts but when I called Acura in Oakland they said it's not on modified cars - I didn't mod **** with the belts but just the motor swao and he said it voids my car - is he pulling a fast one on me and just lazy to service my **** or what?
Old 01-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's wrong with my da6 integra? (jdmtheory)

I just got choked earlier too ! Help us
Old 01-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats crazy, are you able to get any slack on it? i'm guessing it's bundled up somewhere inside the casing. i'm gonna call my Acura dealership tomorrow and see whats up with servicing though, im curious
Old 01-14-2004, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (theJUMPoff)

seatbelts and the motors are under a lifetime warranty by federal mandate. the motor is getting caught up in the rails. it happens every so often on my DA. btw...you don't have a DA6, its a DA9. only in japan did they have DA6's and those didn't have electric seatbelts.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 AM

Default Re: What's wrong with my da6 integra? (BeesDA6)

The seatbelts are under a lifetime warranty.

But does it only do it when you slide the seats back? Like:

Person is in the back seat, slides the seat forward, gets out, then you slide the seat back and then when they close the door it gets stuck?

Cuz THAT's caused by slamming the seat back into place, the seatbelt thinks you just came to an abrupt stop and is tryin to save ur ***.

But if it does it randomly, jsut when you open/close the door, def get it fixed.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtheory &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys ,
I have an irritating problem w/my integra - Hope yall can help out a feloow teg owner - I have a constant problem with my seatbelt getting caught in the middle all the time and literally choking mye or my passenger when I open the door - it wont retract all the way and get's stuck - I have to unclip the dam thing just for it to retract - I heard seatbelts are covered lifetime through other HT posts but when I called Acura in Oakland they said it's not on modified cars - I didn't mod **** with the belts but just the motor swao and he said it voids my car - is he pulling a fast one on me and just lazy to service my **** or what?</TD></TR></TABLE>

call up another dealer, there full of ****.. i had the front and rear seatbelts taken care by my local dealership at no charge and a free carwash =o) it took about 4 days tho..
Old 01-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you whipping around corners right before opening the doors?

A way to work around this problem is before you open the door, firmly pull the shoulder belt across your chest and down to the retracter. This will release the mechanism that causes the choking.

You have a DA6? JDM RHD?
Old 01-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's wrong with my da6 integra? (Jasper_db1)

he wouldn't have a DA6 if he has automatic seat belts. those were only in the US, as far as we know.