Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

HELP!! my tanabe exhaust pipe broke in half!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! my tanabe exhaust pipe broke in half!!

i bought a tanabe racing medallion about 2 years ago from carparts.com. the freaking pipe between the cat and the resonator broke off. it wasn't a clear cut, it was edgy. anyways i took that middle section off, and left the muffler part on hangers.

i need u guys help!! can i get new middle section from tanabe? all i have is the carparts.com electronic receipt. would they honor that? has this ever happen to any of u guys? if not, then im just gonna get my mechanic to wield it on.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: Drinking Beer in sunny FL and jamming to Skid Row, USA
Default Re: HELP!! my tanabe exhaust pipe broke in half!! (gsr94)

i bought a tanabe racing medallion about 2 years ago from carparts.com. the freaking pipe between the cat and the resonator broke off. it wasn't a clear cut, it was edgy. anyways i took that middle section off, and left the muffler part on hangers.

i need u guys help!! can i get new middle section from tanabe? all i have is the carparts.com electronic receipt. would they honor that? has this ever happen to any of u guys? if not, then im just gonna get my mechanic to wield it on.

Just get it welded. I'm sure they'll be able to find a reason for it shearing that's not their fault anyways.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:06 AM
New User

im pretty sure they will honor it,if carparts is an authorized distributor. give it a try, nothin to lose man..ask them for a whole new exhaust for compensation!
Old 01-15-2002, 07:17 AM

Default Re: HELP!! my tanabe exhaust pipe broke in half!! (turbo01gsr)

tanabe stinks buy an apex
Old 01-15-2002, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess its worth a try.. but if tanabe is anything like Greddy.. they will tell you that they will not warrant it on lowered cars.. my resonator broke on my greddy exhaust system.. and they had me take it to a local authorized dealer...

the shop said the car was lowered and Greddy said its prolly cuz it was scraped too much (my car isnt that low) that the exhaust resonator broke.. so much for the 3 yr warranty.. they didnt honor it.. dunno if tanabe will be any diff...

anyway i asked if they would sell me a mid (b-pipe?) w/ resonator.. and they said they only sell their exhausts in full/complete systems.. i just got the resonator chopped off and had a mufler shop weld a new piping..