Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

On going clutch issues please HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On going clutch issues please HELP!!!!!!

So on my 95 gsr i bought it with 51k original mileage from a old lady you didn't really drive the car. Prior to me buying it she had a slave cylinder put on. She did not do the master. So when i purchased i replaced both. Clutch engaged well with no issues. After about 3 months of driving i went to take it out and the clutch grabbed immediately off the floor. After several bleeding attempts there was no change. So i bought a new MC and Slave. And again all was fine for about 3-4 months. At this point i was doing other upgrades (lightened flywheel, stage 2 clutch, steel braided line from hard line to clutch slave). So i ended up buying another MC and slave. That worked for about 5 months and the same problem happened again. This time the Master was leaking so i replaced both again. So now my question is what could possibly be causing this problem because yesterday in the day the clutch was fine. Went to go tear up some streets last night clutch released right off the floor. I have done all proper bleeding each and every time. When it changes and starts releasing immediately the car has problems going into first and reverse which to my knowledge was always a MC or slave problem. I know you can get a brand new part and it not work but i'm going onto my 5th set of MC and Slave. I don't have any fluid loss out of the MC reservoir the level stays full. Can i have a pin hole in my clutch line or can that proportioning valve on the firewall be bad? Forgot to mention i recently pulled the motor for my turbo build i did not disconnect the clutch in anyway where i would lose pressure or fluid i just unbolted the slave and moved it. And when i had everything apart i put a new clutch for and throwout bearing in. I am totally lost on what could be causing this issue. On a side note do any of the bolts that hold the timing cover on also hold the water pump on? Or do any of the bolts go into water jackets and need a little bit of silicone on the ends? Ive noticed i get a few drips from by the crank pulley. During the turbo build i regasketed EVERYTHING. I did put a new Gates BLue racing timing belt on and did not change the water pump because it only had about 8k on it could this cause the pump to leak because of new and more tension added with new belt? Any and all help is much appreciated i would love to finally get everything working properly because id really like to be able to take my car to the dyno for a proper tune. And thats a few hours away from me so i can't have any problems before heading there. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: On going clutch issues please HELP!!!!!!

Cliffs? No cliffs?