Wheel and Tire

Wheel Locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Locks

I lost my wheel lock socket and i was wondering if i can get just the wheel lock socket at the dealer.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wheel Locks (JDM DC2 95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM DC2 95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I lost my wheel lock socket and i was wondering if i can get just the wheel lock socket at the dealer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No.

If you registered your wheel locks with McGard - they make the Acura/Honda branded wheel locks, and there is registration information when you buy them - then you can order a new key directly from McGard, because they will have the information about your locks on file. Otherwise, you are basically out of luck on buying a new key, and your best bet is to buy a new set of wheel locks and key.

Many dealers have a set of keys to fit all the possible locks; they don't sell these, but they can use them to remove your locks for you.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 AM

haha. lol. owned. have you already tried asking your dealer? maybe they can help you out.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wheel Locks (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No.

If you registered your wheel locks with McGard - they make the Acura/Honda branded wheel locks, and there is registration information when you buy them - then you can order a new key directly from McGard, because they will have the information about your locks on file. Otherwise, you are basically out of luck on buying a new key, and your best bet is to buy a new set of wheel locks and key.

Many dealers have a set of keys to fit all the possible locks; they don't sell these, but they can use them to remove your locks for you.</TD></TR></TABLE> Do you know how much it'll cost to get it removed?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM SPEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM SPEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha. lol. owned. have you already tried asking your dealer? maybe they can help you out.</TD></TR></TABLE>I haven't called yet i'm going to call tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM DC4)

Hey, if you really dont care about the locks, do the following:

1. Go to sears (and bring a hammer and ratchet)
2. Buy a Craftsman 19mm 12 point socket
3. Hammer the 19mm socket on the oem lock (be careful not to hit the rim)
4. Once the socket is on the OEM lock, use the ratchet to take the lock off (self explanatory)

Make sure to stay in the Sears parking lot b/c you will go through a couple of sockets. Who cares? Lifetime warrantee punks!

Good luck! and MAKE SURE NOT TO HIT THE RIM! I'm not responsible
Old 04-17-2007, 06:26 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Wheel Locks (JDM DC4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM DC4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Do you know how much it'll cost to get it removed?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You'll have to go there to find out. If it's a dealer you already use for service, they might even do it for free.

Hope it worked out for you...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wheel Locks (nsxtasy)

I've actually called the honda dealership because there is no acura dealership here and they said that they don't have the key to remove the lock.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Wheel Locks (JDM DC4)

Then take your car to a tire shop. They'll hammer a socket onto the wheel locks and get them off that way. The wheel locks will be trashed, but that's no big deal if you don't have the key anyway.

If you don't already have extra lug nuts, you may want to pick some up at the auto parts store beforehand, to replace the locks. Tire shops sometimes can sell you lug nuts, but often they only have the kind with the tapered seating area, not with the ball-shaped seat that Honda/Acura wheels need.