Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

OBD2a to OBD1 Conversion CEL and VTEC questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2a to OBD1 Conversion CEL and VTEC questions!!!

I posted this topic in the Integra forum, but nobody seems to know. Here is a LINK to the original since this is mostly copy and pasted.

I have a 96 Integra LS that i bought with a GSR swapped into it. It is converted to OBD1 and running on a chipped p28 that supposedly has stock GSR maps on it. The car drives fine, but VTEC does not engage and it has the Check Engine Light on. I jumped the little connector by the passengers kickpanel like any other OBD1 Honda, and i was getting a VTEC oil pressure code. Here is where my questions begin:

-On any other OBD1 Honda, i can jump the connector in the passenger kickpanel and the CEL will cycle through its codes. On this car, i jump the wires together and it runs through the codes one time and the Check Engine Light stays solid; no cycling through again. Why would it be doing this?

-Also, now i am getting ABS codes 1 *pause* 8 and 4 *pause* 2. Those codes do not cycle through either. They cycle one time, and then thats it till you turn the ignition off and back on again. The codes are for "high pressure system", whatever that means? and left front wheel sensor (taken care of... forgot to plug back in. haha)

-I have VTEC wired straight up to the engine harness. When i have the VTEC pressure switch and solenoid each wired directly to their corresponding units, i get a CEL for the VTEC pressure switch. Then i read on one of the pinout guides that in OBD2a cars to wire the pressure switch in with the solenoid wire, which seems like it would basically just be bypassing the pressure switch. When i have it wired up that way, the code goes away, but still no VTEC and then i just have a mystery code that makes the Check Engine Light stay on, but flashes no code. What the heck?

Any insight would be great!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody?