Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Need Infos on C32a2 Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Infos on C32a2 Tranny

Hi...

I need some Infos about the C32a2 - specialy on the tranny...

Is ist possible to change the rotating directon of the axels ? On the old Porsche Transaxels it was possible to change the rotation direction by turning arround the differential gear - Is something like that possible at the C32a2 tranny ?

Just for Info - It's a manual 5spd. tranny...

Background for this is, that this sweet little engine with some NSX goodies (400kg. on picture above ) will get into the rear of a Lamborghini Countach (firedamage without engine) -> It is better to have 5 front gears and one reverse, than 5 reverse and one front gear

Thanks for every Info - Also pictures and manuals are welcome...

Old 04-12-2006, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Infos on C32a2 Tranny (Ed3ler)

need infos...
Old 04-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-21-2006, 08:12 PM

don't know but how the hell are you going to mount that engine in the back of a Lambo? thats 100's of hours of labor to make custom mounts that align the drivetrain properly....post pics when done!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Infos on C32a2 Tranny (..Lloyd Braun..)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ..Lloyd Braun.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't know but how the hell are you going to mount that engine in the back of a Lambo? thats 100's of hours of labor to make custom mounts that align the drivetrain properly....post pics when done!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

...if you have one thing in the back of the countach -&gt; <U>that's space !</U>

The engine on the pics has still a lot of stuff on it, that won't come in the lambo - The complete steering is on, the big engine frame, A/C and power steering stuff...

The engine on the pics weights exactly 392kg - without all this stuff I hoe to reach about 320kg. Just to get the engine in would be the easiest part - The shift linkage, the wiring, the cooling system and to change the rotating direction are the biggest problems

I will post up pics - The car gets striped and the frame gets repaired at this time (some tubes have to be changed trough the burning damage to be on the safe way)
Old 04-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Read my name and my sig I've been working on my Civic converting it to Midengine with full time 4wd with a 6/speed manual. Using the 60degree Honda J-series V6 pictured in one of the links and my avatar.

Why do you need to change rotation when the way its sitting will drive a vehicle forward?

Oh yeah and if you want it to spin backwards is by flipping the transmission over which can have lubrication problems.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why do you need to change rotation when the way its sitting will drive a vehicle forward?
Oh yeah and if you want it to spin backwards is by flipping the transmission over which can have lubrication problems.</TD></TR></TABLE>
...the countach has a real sick alignment of engine and transmission, look at this pic - engine in the back, transmission (looong) in front of it, but axle in the back.... no big space behind the rear drivetrain...

It was luck to get this v6 engine and see, that it has the same alignment of transmission to engine - The the transmission is on the behind the engine, but the driveshafts get out "in the oil pan of the engine" - They are located on the first pics right near to the alternator... perfect dimensons for the countach, but 180° wrong side...

btw: Realy nice project
Old 04-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm familar with the Legend V6 myself, people have flipped transmissions over and made them spin the right way.

If you search on yahoo you can find it I had this same problem but my fix is easier since all I have to flip over differentials that arent part of the transmission.

You should forget the C32's transmission and use an adaptor plate for something else.

I see

For a different engine you will prob be better off with the engine infront of the transmission, then shift it by cable. Lambo trans are special there design hasnt changed for awhile.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Engine in front like this.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

...that's the thing I try exactly not to do - Engine in front of the axle... I has this "KitCar-Character" that Í won't reach with my car... The C32 in Front and a Reanult UN1 or Porsche Transaxle are easy to realize but the challenge is to realize it with engine and transmission with nearly the same principle than the original...
Old 04-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well okay then I hope you can figure something out.