Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

need help asap with brakes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help asap with brakes!

I replaced the rear pads and rotors on my brothers s10.. on one side i replaced a seized caliper as well.

i bleed the brake line on the side that i replaced the caliper, there is no more air comming through the line, but when i start up the truck the pedal is still sinking to the floor.

my question is that now that i have started the vehicle is the air in all the lines now? will i have to bleed all the lines? I would have just checked for myself but the problem is that the valves on all the old calipers are rusted to ****..

so i would like to know if that is what happened and im going to have to try and bleed them all or if that is not possible and something must be wrong with the side i replaced.

ps i know there is a brake forum but there is not much action going on there and i really need to get this done like now!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:23 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: need help asap with brakes!

Only way to know for sure is to bleed all the brakes in the correct order..

Pick up a can of MoveIt soak down the bleeder valves, hint, wrap the valve with cloth or stick a cotton ball on them and soak the cloth/cotton ball, let it sit overnight, use the proper wrench, [closed end] and see if the MoveIt worked, if still seized, try tightening it a tiny bit first to break it free, then try and open it. 94
Old 10-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks fcm, so what your saying is that it is possible for air to have gotten in all the lines?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dropped like its hott
thanks fcm, so what your saying is that it is possible for air to have gotten in all the lines?
Brake lines are divided into either split diagonal or split horizontal. Off the top of my head I believe the S10 is split horizontal. You have to bleed both sides, but not the front.