Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

My Car, some Pictures, and Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Car, some Pictures, and Modifications

*It was recommended that I stay in the "Tech" thread, so I hope this is ok*

1999 Chevy Tracker

-2 Door Convertiable
-No ABS
-No 4wd
-It is Rear Wheel Drive
-2.0L I4 DOHC

Suspension:
-H&R Coils
-Drops it a little over 2" I believe
-Max Clearence Stock: 8"
-Clearence to Frame now: about 5.5" (Driveside front frame, behind wheel well)
-KYB GR2 Shocks and Struts (They work wonders)

It conners alot better, and many people can not tell that it is lowered until it is next to a "stock" Tracker, because the original Tracker was very "Tall".

It has independent Front, and Solid Rear, Stock sway bar in the front, none in the back, I am thinking about making one for the back.

The Srut Bar came from the Factory, stock

Some Pics:
Stock Front:

New Front

Before:

After:

The Engine (Intake and Exhaust)

Intake:
-I got the intake from a shop teacher with K&N Filter for $20.oo, it was ment for a Saturn, it is an SPS intake. I cut it up, and made it fit, and played around with many designs for it, and finnaly decided on this one, the filter is new, the original one started to tear at the base, the rubber was seperating from teh filters base and letting raw air into the engine. With the new filter it seems to run better.

-The engine if you may have noticed has been grounded, with Rockford Fosgate Amp Wire, it helps out alot, I had a couple issues with grounding before, the stock grounding.

Exhaust:
-The headers have been coated with DEI Silicone spray, and then wrapped with DEI exhaust wrap and coated once more. The tail pipe has a section of it wrapped alos, to try to fix a rubbing sound (still in the process of fixing that) and also coated with the silicone spray.

-It is a High Flow Cat, with a custom built Cat-Back system by Mufflex-Performance. The muffler is a Flowmaster 40 series I believe, I was not the one who picked it up from the shop, and all that I told them was that I wanted a Flowmaster on it, it sounds great! Its sorta like a Half and Half sound.

Sound System:
Sorry, I dont realy have any pics, or new pics:
-Panasonic CQ-c7203u Head Unit
-JBL Touring Series 2-Way Front Speakers
-JBL Touring Series 3-Way Mid Speakers
-Rockford Fosgate P1 Subwoofer
-Alpine Amp
-Aux Input
-IPod Adapter (Ment for the radio-control iPod through radio)

Tires/Wheels:
-Bridgestone Insignia
-Stock Steal Rims with Hub Caps

-Yes, I have a Hitch 2" Reciever mounted on it, and I know it slows me down, but not by much I believe, I al ready got harrased about it, but I use it with a small trailer, bike rack, and a cargo carrier, so its worth it.

-The Roof is a Rally Tops Hardtop with Sliding windows, I sometimes wish the sliding window on the passenger side was tighter so I would not rattle when the sub is one, but o well.

-I am planning on getting an electric fan to replace the clutch fan this month, but I ran into some money issues, and needed to buy a new filter instead, hey, just a little bit longer, no big deal. It sucks tho. haha

Ill just put up some pics, let me know what you think, or what I should do!