Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

MD modification laws

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MD modification laws

I did search and found a similair thread in archives, but the answer to my ? was not there. I just read the MD state laws book (section on modification of vehicles). According to the book "headlights may not be altered in height, up or down, from their factory position by a distance greater than one half inch." And as far as exhaust noise goes, the book states, "...after-market exhaust systems and mufflers are considered to be illegal when the noise emitted from them is greater than that of the factory installed exhaust system or muffler." So does that really mean you can't change your exhaust or raise your truck or lower your car at all? Are they really going to pull a modified honda over for sounding like a modified honda? How can that exhaust law even apply to a swap?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 AM

Default Re: MD modification laws (IB4TL FTW)

bump....anyone have any kind of input?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: MD modification laws (IB4TL FTW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IB4TL FTW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump....anyone have any kind of input?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It seems that MD wants only stock cars on the road. Only advice here is the same thing to tell people complaining about Cali smog laws, if you don't agree with them move elsewhere.

No louder than stock really bugs me, to the point that I would welcome a ticket for it just to fight it in court. Does the police station have a record stating what they measured the stock exhaust volume to be, for every single car ever made? If not, how can they issue a ticket? Does the officer carry a dB meter with him? If not, how could he measure to issue a ticket?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Re: MD modification laws (TunerN00b)

haha i agree very much with your statements. if it were up to me id be living in pa, but the army has me at walter reed, which out of any post is where i want to be, so i cant move somewhere else... not that i would want to. Just read up on the laws because i read about the issue some ca driver recntly had and was curious about md. I fealt like i needed to post when i read those laws.... thought they seemed just crazy