Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Massive Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Massive Oil Leak

Alright. At this point, I'm just so fed up with this piece of **** car that I'm damn near ready to sell it.

So. As a quick back story, compression went down in cylinder 2. I replaced rings and head gasket. Compression was still down and I had massive oil leaking from the cam seals. Took it to machine shop, turns out it was a bent valve. Put the engine back together again. VTEC didn't work. Machine shop, upon reassembly, left out a rocker pin. Got it back, reassembled the head, VTEC works. Imagine that. Oil was still leaking. Put in new cam seals, the leaking from the head went away, but I was leaving oil all over the place.

Places it is dripping from.
- Tranny flywheel cover
- Tranny to engine brackets
- Header collector
- Cat to header bolts
- Oil pan
- Alternator bracket
- Both parts of the shift linkage
- Halfshaft bearing

Places covered in oil.
- Driver firewall to fender support
- Driver axle
- Driver LCA
- Driver side portion of the steering rack
- Driver brake components
- Driver wheel

Now. The leaking from the head is gone. The back of the block (above the oil pan and halfshaft) is clean and dry. The oil pressure sending unit is fine, the oil filter is fine, the PCV canister is fine. The front of the block is fine and dry.

I replaced the oil pan gasket, figuring it might be blowing out somehow. It is still doing this. While the oil pan was off, I inspected the flywheel to make sure the crank main seal was not leaking. Everything was dry in there. The only other thing I can think of is the oil pump. But it seems fine as well.

Please, guys. Give me some ideas. I'm about to lose it.

EDIT: It is engine oil. I'm losing quite a bit of engine oil. The tranny seems like it could be leaking, hence the halfshaft, axle, and broke components being wet, but that wouldn't explain the engine oil being consumed, as the engine does not burn any oil now. Just leaks it.