Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

I think the force is taking over...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:40 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think the force is taking over...

Alright I guess I've been toying with what to do for the final stage of my car. Here is the thing. I was going to build my head and block separately. The top end Portflow head work, springs, valves, retainers, cam gears, stage 3 cams (jun III's, Toda C's or SKUNK2 III's). Then I was going to build the block separately with GE 85mm sleeves, 85mm 12.1:1 Arias pistons, Crower rods, balenced and polished crank, blueprinted and balenced, all new seals, arp hardware etc...Then I realized wait a second 12.1:1 compression and stock cams? 85mm block and 81mm head? Then I though stage 3 cams and stock block? Great so now what to do. Is it possible to do each separatley? I don't think I've been so close to going to the darkside since I've bought the car.

Should I just say screw the above paragraph and just get some JE 9:1's stock bore, Eagle rods, portflow spring retainer kit and with the money saved there get a rev hard stage 2c kit and hondata?

I guess I need to decide what direction I want to go. I enjoy the inexpensiveness of just droping $15 and going to a test & tune or brakcet racing and having a quick straight line car. I also enjoy haveing a quick street car and would like a quicker one. I do however have a passion for the road course. The only thing that keeps me from going as much as I'd like is dropping roughly $280 per weekend to go, plus the ware items, tires, pads, added stress etc...but this is my number one thing I enjoy. Oh what to do.

I guess I'm just looking for opinions on what do do in this situation from others. Why must I be so indecisive.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I think the force is taking over... (Mr Milano)

Boost it you pansie you know you want to dave