Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Differences between LS and GSR throttle bodies?(pics) Throttle cable problem too...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between LS and GSR throttle bodies?(pics) Throttle cable problem too...

I talked to some people and I was told that they were the same, so I never even took the time to look at them closely, until now. I already installed the LS throttle body on the IM, but now I don't know which one I should use. Here are some pics I took, sorry my camera is a peice of **** so the pics suck.

Heres the throttle cable attachment for the LS TB. Its a little different than the GSR one in the next pic. But the cables both come in at the bottom and wrap aound and attach at the top so there isnt that much difference.

Heres one of the big differences, there is a vacumn port coming out of the very top of the GSR TB, and on the LS TB theres just a hole in that same place. (Damn my camera sucks ***)

Another big difference, on the bottom of both there is this thing, I don't know what the hell it is, but on the GSR one its a lot bigger and more complex looking.

Another thing is it looks like the throttle cable will hit the runners on the manifold with the LS TB like this, and it might be different with the GSR TB on there, but has anyone else ever had this problem? What did you do to fix it?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Differences between LS and GSR throttle bodies?(pics) Throttle cable problem too... (TurboCoop)

ok the gsr throttle cable feeds in the opposite way, so you'd have to swap the throttle cams, no big deal

as for the bottom of the t/b you gsr has an fitv to hepl control idle and the ls t/b you have is an obd2 so it doesn't have it. It'll work either way.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Differences between LS and GSR throttle bodies?(pics) Throttle cable problem too... (ne3ek)

Ok, so I am going to swap the throttle cams and use the LS TB. Easy enough, thanks for the info.