Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Assistance Needed : Installed Battery Backwards -lost everything, what the hell now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance Needed : Installed Battery Backwards -lost everything, what the hell now?

I've disassembled and rebuilt the trans in my '04 tsx only to install the battery backwards. Blew and replaced the main fuse. Immobilizer is activated/green key flashing. It turns over but doesn't get fuel, haven't checked for spark, don't see a need. Have had a locksmith try and reprogram keys with no luck. He returned for another try after I installed an '05 ecu. There is a viper alarm system installed but I have not yet given it a try with original ecu/no viper as it costs 30 dollhairs each time.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Assistance Needed : Installed Battery Backwards -lost everything, what the hell now?

When he came the second time we tried the '05 ECU with and without the viper plugged in.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Assistance Needed : Installed Battery Backwards -lost everything, what the hell n

Update: Brought the car to an alarm shop and had the viper and it’s wiring removed. Factory wiring is restored. The man told me that my issue is the PCM. I am confused, however, as online, ECUs are listed as PCMs. I made sure that we aren’t speaking about the ECU. I’ve yet to get a good look at what I believe to be the PCM as it is hidden behind trim and a bracket.

Another issue arose. After bringing her back home and inspecting, only the driver’s window works!! Wtf lol. I’ve yet to receive any input about my current situation on here but I’m going to persist.