Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Apexi EL gauge help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi EL gauge help

I have a set of 4 EL gauges, used boost, new fuel pres, new oil pres, and a new egt. The boost gauge has always worked great, I just added the fuel press to the car and it wont even do the opening ceremony, it blinks the warning light and the needle points to the warning light. so I thought maybe the sensor is bad, the oil press sensor is the same part number so i swapped it out and it still does the same thing. I change out the sensor sub harness and it still does the same crap. so I thought maybe it's just the gauge.
I pulled the sensor sub harness plug from the fuel press port on the back of the link box and plugged it into the oil press port, then hooked up the oil press gauge(sensor is still on fuel rail) and the gauge works fine. so the sensors were good, tested them both, the sub harnesses were good, tested them both. is there any settings that anyone knows about that might fix this issue with the fuel pressure gauge? it's brand new and doesn't have any damage on it. I dont get it.

but basically I have it down to either a bad gauge it self, or a setting that idk about.

I read in the manual about changing the fuel pressure setting, but if it was set up at injector nozzle pressure and not fuel rail pressure wouldn't it still do the opening ceremony?

sorry for the long post but need your input.