Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

Finally

Old 07-02-2007, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally

cliff notes: this is a petition to crush cars of those drunk drivers' cars. as u will learn by reading the petition, an average of 3.25 deaths [per month] are "street racing" related and those cars end up getting crushed... when at the same time, an average of 143.25 deaths [per month] are "DUI" related and they get a slap on the wrist (first-time DUI sentence may involve a fine, a license restriction, DUI school, and probation)

Originally Posted by ziggity

I started this petition today. It might not be what you think: this is not a petition to stop the crushing of "illegal street racing cars" in CA. I researched that myself.. it requires a court order, and uses a CA Vehicle Code prohibiting the use of unregistered or stolen components that were identified with serial or VIN numbers by the original manufacturer. ESPECIALLY if the component has the VIN removed, or the VIN matches that of a stolen car. This is to say, swapping in STOLEN ENGINES. So you don't have to worry about your 100% legit Evo, and if you have done an engine swap, you can still register it legally to be safe. It's obviously worth it.

My petition is, quite simply, for the crushing of cars owned by drunk drivers. The whole car crushing thing is a scare tactic the police are using against "illegal street racers". As soon as I heard about this, I started wondering if any of the guys up there at the top of the food chain (our representatives in the government, the movers and shakers) have ever considered applying this kind of scare tactic to drunk drivers. I started studying and researching the rates of alcohol-related traffic deaths, the laws behind the whole car crushing deal, and decided to just write up a petition.

And here it is.

http://www.petitiononline.com/....html

Take it for what it's worth and please sign it if you agree with it. I'm copying this and sending it to everyone I know and putting it up on every community that I'm a member of. If you find that you support my petition, please send it out to your friends and post it on other message boards, and forward it at work. I feel really strongly about this.

Thank you for your time and your help.

John
Old 07-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 07-03-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: (paniaguae640)

bump
Old 07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member