Notices
Southeast Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina

Moving to Miami, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Miami, Florida

So I have a 92 Honda civic with a gsr swap and I'm moving from california. Now here is the question in California I need to get smoged to drive my car and I understand I don't have to smog in Florida but at the momment my car is registered in my name but not registered to drive do I have to be registered to drive in california for me to get my registration in Florida???? This information would be very helpful thank you!!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moving to Miami, Florida

Bump
Old 03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Please help bump
Old 03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as the car is registered in your name I believe you can transfer it over without any problems. I've lived in Florida my whole life so I don't know much about transfering and all that stuff. Here is some information from the Florida DMV website.

Just moved to Florida and need to get a driver license and your car registered?

If you have an out-of-state license, you may be able to convert your license without taking a written or road test. Review the requirements for citizens and non-citizens.

Obtain vehicle insurance from a company licensed to do business in Florida--in other words, visit a Florida insurance agent.

Take your proof of Florida insurance; your original out of state title and verification of physical inspection of the motor vehicle's *vehicle identification number (VIN), completed on form HSMV 82040 or HSMV 82042 to your local Florida county tax collector's office. If there is more than one owner on the out of state title for transfer, all applicants must sign the application or all applicants must be present.

In the state of Florida, a motor vehicle is required by law to be registered within ten days of the owner either becoming employed, placing children in public school, or establishing residency. Registering your motor vehicle goes hand in hand with the titling process.

VIN verification is required for all USED motor vehicles not currently titled in Florida, including trailers with a weight of 2,000 pounds or more.

*The VIN must be physically inspected by one of the following:
A law enforcement officer from any state.
A licensed Florida or out of state motor vehicle dealer.
NOTE: If the VIN is verified by an out of state motor vehicle dealer, the verification must be submitted on their letterhead stationary.

A Florida DMV Compliance Examiner/Inspector, DMV or tax collector employee.

A notary public commissioned by the state of Florida.

Provost Marshal (an officer who supervises the military police of a command) or a commissioned officer in active military service, with a rank of 2nd lieutenant or higher or an LNC, "Legalman, Chief Petty Officer, E-7".

If the out of state title is currently in the possession of an out of state lienholder, the tax collector's office will assist you in contacting the lienholder to obtain the title. The lien will be recorded on the Florida title when issued and will be mailed to the lienholder.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dhsmv/newflres.html
Old 03-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You'll love Florida. Your car's exhaust can be smoking like a charcoal grill and the cops wouldn't give a damn lol. You can swap any engine in your car and no one will give a damn.

If your caught speeding the cops don't ask you to pop your hood, they just give you a damn ticket and go about their business lol.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very awesome thanks alot for the help
Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whenever you come to Miami and need a couple spots to hang out at just come aboard the FHC

http://floridahondacrew.com/south-florida/
Old 03-12-2010, 03:18 PM

you will love miami tags and title transfer is gonna run 375 and most importantly lock it up good
Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanx for the invite...is this like your crew or what??? And cop don't harrass you for chilling with all these hondas???? And there is alot of theft out there as well???
Old 03-17-2010, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yo make sure you have a good car alarm if your car is semi-clean. Only thing you have to watch out for every once in a while are exhaust tickets too, I just got one last month in Orlando.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh damn they do pull you over for exhaust???
Old 03-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by atsed24
you will love miami tags and title transfer is gonna run 375 and most importantly lock it up good
375 for a 92 civic?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cubanteg16
Oh damn they do pull you over for exhaust???
Depends on how loud it is. Out of 1-10 my 350z was about a 15 on the loudness scale so I deserved to get pulled over. Don't worry if you just have an aftermarket exhaust but if your running a test pipe you might have a problem.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cubanteg16
Thanx for the invite...is this like your crew or what??? And cop don't harrass you for chilling with all these hondas???? And there is alot of theft out there as well???
No I didn't start the whole thing I just joined a while back, but it's a good site to get the link up on local meets and stuff.

And Honda thefts here are ridiculous. Fools here just cant stand to see the site of a clean *** Honda or Acura. If your going to be living anywhere in the Hialeah or Opa Locka area make sure you have an alarm because thats where most of thefts are. Not saying this to scare you, just giving you a heads up.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kaboom954
No I didn't start the whole thing I just joined a while back, but it's a good site to get the link up on local meets and stuff.

And Honda thefts here are ridiculous. Fools here just cant stand to see the site of a clean *** Honda or Acura. If your going to be living anywhere in the Hialeah or Opa Locka area make sure you have an alarm because thats where most of thefts are. Not saying this to scare you, just giving you a heads up.
At least you can re-buy your own stolen parts back on floridahondacrew.com lol