Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

crossmembers/traction bars ok for street use???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossmembers/traction bars ok for street use???

not sure if this is the place to post this question but i'm wondering if the darkstar/jimfab crossmember will be ok for street use? what are sideaffects is really what i wanna know
Old 08-09-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Re: crossmembers/traction bars ok for street use??? (b16vtecsol)

It's more then ok for street use. In fact, it seems to be mostly street cars that buy them simply because us fwd hondas need all the help we can get on the street.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Re: crossmembers/traction bars ok for street use??? (Disco Stu)

so then why would it say "not recommended for street use" on jimfab.com? i just don't wanna buy one and then have the whole car rattle to pieces
Old 08-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16vtecsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so then why would it say "not recommended for street use" on jimfab.com? i just don't wanna buy one and then have the whole car rattle to pieces</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your car is not going to rattle to pieces. What do you think the traction bars do? It prob says not recommended for street use for a liablity issue on his part. It is like aftermarket Hid's bulbs, or neon lights which says for off road use only.(sorry the only examples I can think of this morning). I daily drive with mine on all the time have yet to have a problem. No maybe if you hit a big pot hole or something catches them you could cause some under body damage but that is all I can think of.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16vtecsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so then why would it say "not recommended for street use" on jimfab.com?</TD></TR></TABLE>
that is a statement made, to pass the liability to the consumer. in order words, if the bar breaks, you get killed, you kill someone, or you cause damage to property, you'll be sued because not the manufacturer!